PDA

View Full Version : Popular parenting site doing a survey on childminders

AgentTink
11-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I have just seen the below on my Facebook.

http://www.netmums.com/home/about-us/netmums-surveys

This is the opening lines:

Childminders provide brilliant childcare for thousands of families, but there are fewer of them than there used to be, just at a time when it seems we need more.

Plus the government in England are thinking about no longer inspecting individual childminders, so they might lose that badge of quality that can reassure parents.

Whether you have used a childminder or not, or are thinking of becoming one, do give us your views.

We will share the results (anonymously) with the Government and National Childminding Association who are looking closely at this.

Is this a good thing or bad thing? Positive I hope.

loocyloo
11-06-2012, 05:22 PM
that sounds quite a positive thing to do ... sounds as if they are in favour of childminders.

i did email a couple of times to ask about putting the petition there, but it had to go in the 'campagns' section and i think it just gets lost. hopefully other childminders have contacted them too!

barbarella68
11-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Don't bank on it being positive.

Kiddleywinks
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Don't bank on it being positive.

Hmmm, especially as they're also running another survey alongside it with regard to a 'pay as you go' childcare service

Could this be along the lines of parents paying an agency by any chance, or is that just the paranoia in me kicking in :rolleyes:

Just coz I'm paranoid don't mean they aint out to get me mwahahahahaha

uf353432
11-06-2012, 07:17 PM
The survey has been engineered by NCMA, they have approached the site to do it as part of their campaign to stop de-regulation. Cathy mentioned it in our conversation the other week. I admit to raising my eyebrows a bit at the choice of site - but well - we shall see. They are certainly not short of opinion on there - so maybe the feedback will be fruitful

Rubybubbles
11-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Just filled in from when I used a childminder 11/12:thumbsup: heehee

loocyloo
11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
i just filled it in too, and the one about using occaisonal childcare!

i think it might get a slightly more measured response than from another parenting site!

miffy
11-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Interesting - I've just done the survey (well I did use a childminder once) as that's the only way you can read the questions. It asks things like what the most important reasons were you chose a cm, whether your cm can deliver the early education funded sessions and there's space to comment at the end.

Maybe everyone should fill it in :D

Miffy xx

Smiley
11-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I have also completed it couldn't do most of the sections but one of the questions asked if had previously or currently a childminder. I put quite a bit in the comments box :D