View Full Version : Parent asking for letter for Tax Credit Office

11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Iv been asked by parent of minded for a letter stating my daily rate as the tax credit office wants it.

Iv never been asked for this before. I know she claims for more days than he is here and was just wondering if anyone else has had thus request ?

I didn't mind doing it but just find it strange ?

Iv also been asked today by the landlord to give up childminding as his insurance company won't cover him which they previously did before, snshes gnna get a shock on Wednesday when she gets her notice as well ! :eek:

11-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I have had to do 2 this year - I think it's great that tax credits are checking!

Just write down exactly what parents have paid you each month... they wanted contract original from me as well.

Hth :D

11-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I often get requests either from the parents or directly from the tax office for information....

All you need to do is put down the parents name and address, the child's name and date of birth, confirm that you care for ..... x amount of hours each week and you charge £... per hour so parent pays you £... per week/mth.

Hope that helps.

On the other matter, can you ask your landlord if they have shopped about for insurance? I know that's what I had to do as Lloyds are the underwriters for different company's and they wont allow cm's.... worth asking :)

11-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I have been asked to do this recently too, Tax credits wanted me to give details of childs hours and fees for previous 5 months, so I wrote it all ot and included child's name/DOB and address, also my name address and ey registration number, think they are tightening up on this now.sorry to hear about your landlords decision, hope he will change his mindxxxx

11-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Their going to get a shock when they find out her ds is only here for 6 hours a week over 3 days and not the 6 days she's claiming for !

On the house insurance side I don't feel it's my place to ask him to shop around as he been kind enough for the past 4 years to pay extra anyway even though it's in our tenancy agreement not to use the property for business purposes so don't want to push it really. Means six weeks off with my dd over holidays then job hunting extreme it is x

11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
yes I have been asked. It gave me great pleasure providing 1 yrs copy invoices and a cover letter confirming fees and hours this will the show the amount of money she has had which was not rightfully hers like my sick days and holidays where she has paid no fee but still kept the money. She has booked the same holiday as me this yr which is 3 weeks. she will be quids in really she will get holiday pay from work and her tax credits what do I get diddly squat:( I think tax credits should be paid directly to the childcare provider to prevent fraudulent claims.