PDA

View Full Version : P***** Off Grrrr

brit_chick
06-06-2008, 05:09 PM
As some of you may know from my other threads that ive had trouble with an ex parent paying me what she owes me. She did owe me over £500 :angry: ! She has paid me most of it but she still owes me £113! Afew weeks ago she said she was going to give it me at the end of the month! I havent heard a thing from her! I have rang,sent txt's & still nothing.So today i rang NCMA but they was shut so i am going to ring monday now (i know that i should have rang them along time ago but i really did think she was going to pay up!) I rang inland revenue to report her as i think she is still getting child tax credits & they said ive got to ring child tax credits so i did & they said they carnt do anything unless she was there aswell. As if the person who you want to report is going to be there with me! :angry: :mad: :angry:

Blaze
06-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Don't want to make it worse...but NCKMA don't bother with it ifit's under £150...but you can still do it by yourself & they will advise.:rolleyes:

foxy lady
06-06-2008, 05:17 PM
ooooohhh is horrid when people do not pay
you have been very good and waited for her but enought is enough
try not to let it ruin your weekend
the ncma will help and give you some good advise
make sure you call them as soon as you get a chance on monday
have a good weekend

sarah707
06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
There's a number somewhere for reporting people who are cheating the tax credits system...

Otherwise you can ring and say you would like them to confirm who is claiming tax credits for your services as a childminder and could they send out the forms for you to complete and send back...

I think Blaze is thinking about a small claims court claim which is not hard to organise and might be a way of getting the money back... def worth ringing ncma for advice on Monday.

Good luck :D

brit_chick
06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Don't want to make it worse...but NCKMA don't bother with it ifit's under £150...but you can still do it by yourself & they will advise.:rolleyes:

I thought it was £100 or more then they can help? I am sure i read that on hear

charleyfarley
06-06-2008, 05:25 PM
It did used to be £100 but they raised the amount to £150.

Good luck with getting your money back you have been more than fair by waiting this long. I really hope she brings it round

Carol xx

brit_chick
06-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Thats just my luck that they have put it up :(

brillminder
06-06-2008, 05:30 PM
well done for getting the other part of money- dont forget you have done well to get that - have a sit down and calm dow :) look at small claims courts you can do it on line i think :) good luck

mrsb
06-06-2008, 07:58 PM
oh I don't envy you, good luck. You could also get a letter drafted with help from a solicitor - first 30 mins is free :)

Hope you get it sorted

ajs
06-06-2008, 08:04 PM
small claims court proceedings cost approx £30 to srt up which you can add to her debt.
you can do it online (i have in the past)
it's really easy, and effective
we never got to court
i just set it up online and sent her a link to the page i set up she paid immediately.

good luck though

Noodles
06-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Its right that tax credits will not do anything if you ring them due to data protection issues but if you ring OFSTED they should have a confidential hotline number for revenue and customs that you can ring and report the person. this will then be looked into by tax credits. hope this helps

brit_chick
07-06-2008, 05:45 PM
small claims court proceedings cost approx £30 to srt up which you can add to her debt.
you can do it online (i have in the past)
it's really easy, and effective
we never got to court
i just set it up online and sent her a link to the page i set up she paid immediately.

good luck though

Thx everyone.

Could you please give me the website for small claims court? Thx

Little Pumpkins
08-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I am in the same boat can I have the link too

Mollymop
08-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh poor you, i hope you get your money soon.
Maybe she is really broke and is struggling to pay for everyday items, but she could have at least let you know that to begin with.
I hope she finds a way of paying you the rest of your money soon. xx

Mollymop
08-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Thx everyone.

Could you please give me the website for small claims court? Thx

Not being funny or sticking up for the dreaded parent, but you may find that if you try and get the money through the courts and she hasn't much money coming in every month, she may only have to pay you a tiny amount a month like a fiver or something!:rolleyes:

ajs
08-06-2008, 01:23 PM
try this link
http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/onlineservices/mcol/index.htm

in a way i agree with you sandra but surely that in itself isn't fair on brit chick
why should she lose her income too. if the mum genuinly couldn't afford to pay her then she at least could come up with a plan to try and clear the debt, that you are both happy with.

brit_chick
08-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I dont care if she only pays me a £5 a week,as long as i get my money. If she was that broke then why was she in the pub yesterday? :angry: :angry:

Thanks ajs. I have gone on that link & it says its ofline or something so i will try again tomorrow.

Blaze
08-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Not being funny or sticking up for the dreaded parent, but you may find that if you try and get the money through the courts and she hasn't much money coming in every month, she may only have to pay you a tiny amount a month like a fiver or something!:rolleyes:

Also bear in mind that she has had the tax credits that should have gone to paying her childcare!:mad:

angeldelight
09-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Good luck

Angel xx

brit_chick
10-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I rang NCMA today & she said that i have got to do another letter giving her 14 more days to pay & if she dont pay in the 14 days then take her to court even tho i have gave her more than enough chances :mad:. She also gave me a number so i can report her for child tax as she is still getting it,so i rang them & tould them!

Mollymop
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
That's good. Hopefully she will pay you before the 14 days are up, if not a letter from court should wake her up. Good luck