PDA

View Full Version : computers

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
hi am just wondering where i stand as a childminder and allowing children to play on xbox and wii i have 2 new mindees the boy who 6 his mum says she lets him play on these as my son does too am i allowed to let the mindee and how long for also she wants me to enforce the naughty step for the child of 3 if needed do i need to get the mum to put something in writing for this i dont and wont use it as a naughty step id rather call it time out :)

JCrakers
11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
My after schoolies play the wii form 430-5pm, depending on how many I have. Sometimes a little longer if I have a lot, so they all get a turn. Usually play Mario kart which is 4 players.
My DS has an Xbox but its his, in his room so don't use it for work.

I would just set a time of half an hour or so and they can play on it if they have behaved :D

I too have a timeout area for the over 3's and a thinking step for the older children if they get too boisterous or lippy :D I tell them once and if it happens again they have timeout to think about why they cant do as I ask. Works a treat.
The little ones get timeout away from the game to sit near me and think so I can keep my eye on them

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 02:00 PM
thankyou :) have you got any thing written down from the parents or got your own policy for these ?

sarah707
11-06-2012, 05:15 PM
You are in charge of what goes on in your house - yes of course you need to consider parents and what they say but if you are not comfortable with something you should give your viewpoint and show them your behaviour policy which should state how you will manage children who are challenging you.

Hth :D

little stars ch
11-06-2012, 05:24 PM
thankyou i will :)