PDA

View Full Version : ideas on what to do with a 7 month old....

Melani123
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I am a newly registered childminder and am looking after a 7 month old baby girl. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what type of activities I could do with her.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Melani

loocyloo
11-06-2012, 12:45 PM
i would have lots of interesting objects for LO to explore with her hands/feet/mouth. wood/metal/noisy/hard/soft/squeeky/ etc . maybe try different textures for her to lie on.

i had a LO who loved a water playmat she could pat with her hands when laying on her tummy.

singing and dancing (being carried round with you)

sharing stories.

if LO can sit up, maybe some messy play to start to investigate - flour, shredded paper, etc

again, if sitting up, a treasure basket to explore.

lots of going out and about and looking at things - leaves/flowers/animals

but LO favourite toy will be you.

Melani123
11-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Thank you for all those ideas, I do a few of those already but will try out the tohers as well :)

The Juggler
11-06-2012, 01:13 PM
treasure basket
sensory tent (get a cheap pop up tent and fill it with cushions, noisy, sparkly stuff)
water play (just shallow in a washing up bowl)
trips to park
music time in house and at the library
tummy time (if she's not crawling)

Angela234
11-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Favourite here is my shinny basket any shinny things; assorted bowls, spoons chains (chains make a nice noise going into bowls) whisk, measuring spoons,mirrors, toast rack, serving spoons space blanket.

Also treasure basket, wooden items basket, ribbons, rolling balls, musicial instruments, songs rhymes, books.

Melani123
11-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks for all the ideas. :)