PDA

View Full Version : Prime Minister leaves 8yr old daughter behind in pub!

Bridey
11-06-2012, 10:34 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jun/11/david-cameron-daughter-behind-pub?newsfeed=true

This DID make me chuckle!

JCrakers
11-06-2012, 10:53 AM
OOops :D

Easily done isn't it

rickysmiths
11-06-2012, 11:04 AM
It reminds me of a trip to London when ds was about 3yrs. Me, dh, MIL, SIL and hubby our two and their two children 3-6yrs and we had walked from Horseguards through to look at the horses. I suddenly realised my son wasn't with us :eek:

It was the longest 5mins of my life.

I walked back through to Horseguards to find him with a Policeman :thumbsup: As I walked up the PC said 'I know who you are your son has just told me what colour your coat is!' and he had given the PC the piece of paper with my Pager number on (no mobiles in those days) and was about to phone through a message.

It is so easy when you think they are with someone else.

ORKSIE
11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I

It is so easy when you think they are with someone else.

I agree....How scary for them tho.

barbarella68
11-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I am getting totally fed up with the media,whilst it was a silly thing to do, we have all done something silly.He and his wife are human after all.The way they are going on you would have thought he did it on purpose.I can remember when me and my sister went down town and then back home my Mum said where is Michael-we had left my sisters baby who was only a week old outside the shop in his pram this was in 1988.I have forgotten loads of things.

Rubybubbles
11-06-2012, 03:26 PM
hubby was left asleep on a beach at 2:eek: They all packed up and went (his mum, dad and 2 siblings) and went on their merry way! Came back after about 1/2hour and he was still there sleeping!

Bridey
11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I used to work in a hotel many years ago. One family set off home leaving the baby in the carry cot in reception. They both thought the other one had strapped the carry cot onto the back seat!

Kazzal42
11-06-2012, 08:11 PM
My parents lost me in a shopping centre outside Birmingham when I was 5, they both thought I was with the other. Didn't help that I spoke no English (we were on holiday) and the shop staff thought I was a boy, so they didn't even react when they called over the speakersystem. Very traumatic! :panic:
Anyway I agree, the media is making soo much of this it's silly.

miffy
11-06-2012, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=Bridey;1112809]http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jun/11/david-cameron-daughter-behind-pub?newsfeed=true

This DID make me chuckle![/

It was on the national news tonight too! Must be short of a good story ATM

Miffy xx

FussyElmo
11-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Whereas I agree it can and will happen to any of us - I think the security lapse is appalling.

The media is making so much of it as he is the prime minister and "supposed " to appear "perfect". Any celebrity, in the media figure would have been treated the same.

sillysausage
11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
I've seen a lot of slating for the PM in various places on t'internet but I think it is really easy to do when you have a large group travelling in several vehicles. The PM's security is provided for him, not his children. I think the main things to bear in mind is that his daughter is 8 so not a toddler and she was in a familiar place, with familiar people (they are apparently regulars for a pub sunday lunch....fairly normal in my eyes).
At age 8 I went all over the shop without my parents. My children were allowed to run errands to local shops (within 1/2 mile).
DH once left our youngest DS in the pub (he was about 7 and playing in the pub's children's play area with some mates whilst DH and other kids dad's were watching a footie match). DH got halfway home before he realised he'd left DS behind. We laughed.