PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait for late parent??

bluebell3
11-06-2012, 08:42 AM
I am on way out for day trip today. Plan is to leave as early as possible so I can get there, have a decent amount of time there and still be back for school run.
BUT Parent is late. She was away last week because of half term and I've not heard anything from her. I've just text her to see if her child is coming but how long should I wait before packing up and leaving for day?! If I was at home it wouldn't be such a problem but I am going out.
How long would you wait?
I think I'll give her another 5 minutes and then phone her! So p****d off though tempted just to go out.

Bridey
11-06-2012, 08:43 AM
How late is she?

Phone her now, I would. If she doesn't reply then leave a message to said you've waited, you've tried to contact her and if you don't hear from her in 15 mins then you will be assuming she won't be coming and leaving to take the children out on a day trip.

JCrakers
11-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I would ring her now :D

Pipsqueak
11-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I agree ring now and leave a message saying you've waited and can she ring you on your mobile to arrange to meet you at X place

karen m
11-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I always send a text if children have been away, just saying as J is due back tomorrow and i have a trip planned leaving at .... can you arrive 5-10 minutes early please .

Chimps Childminding
11-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Did she turn up?

dette
11-06-2012, 04:56 PM
are you still waiting .......

bluebell3
11-06-2012, 06:16 PM
lol! sorry didn't reply before - she came just as I was about to text her again. I texted - no reply then I phoned - no answer so I left a message and then was about to text again to say right I'm off I've left you a message blah blah blah and she turned up. Our day out was not to much of a rush as fortunately traffic not to bad. I'm so glad I didn't leave and she turned up after I'd gone. Mind you I forgot to ask for my money and her mum picked the little one up so that was also stupid.
She was half an hour late which I guess in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad! But I wouldn't have waited in any longer with no response.

mushpea
11-06-2012, 07:32 PM
it depends if I have told them the day before or not,, If I have told them then I load the car up and go wether they are here or not, if I havent told them I give them 10mns then ring and if no reply I tell them they got 10mins then we leaving.

miffy
11-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Glad you didn't miss your trip but hope you get your money soon!

Miffy xx