PDA

View Full Version : How writes receipts

childminder54
10-06-2012, 08:13 PM
How many write receipts when parents pay you.

funemnx
10-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't - I will if requested but no one's ever asked. Only 1 parent pays cash - I e-mail her an invoice and when she's paid it shows on the e-mail, the others are transfers into my bank from their bank or vouchers or cheques so there's always a reciept in that it's recorded in statements and e-mails.

cathtee
10-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi, I have never given receipts and never been asked for them, but I would if a parent asked for them. I just write down how much they give me in my records for tax purposes.

childminder54
10-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Just to let you know tax credit has just told a parent that childminders should give out receipts as they are handing over money. This is news to me as well I've been minding for over 20 years and never have. So be ready, they want 12months proof of me what the parents have payed. This is the second request so I've got to wite out 52 weeks what they have payed for two parents.

Daisy1956
10-06-2012, 08:32 PM
I always give receipts when paid in cash,it helps to keep things clear and no one can say that they have paid when they haven't(it did happen once) also it is a record for tax credits if they require confirmation of fees paid.

fluff1975
10-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I write receipts and give them out in bulk - usually because I'm flippin' useless at the finance side and hope that one day it'll all just go away!

Good job as one of my parents who claims working tax credit, was asked to show them to tax office as proof that she'd paid me and was sending her child to me.

I think it depends on what day of the week it is and whether the person you speak to owns a dog or not! :rolleyes:

sue m
10-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I always give receipts. I thought we had to. :o

LittleLegsCM
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
I dont give receipts.

However they always receive their invoice and when its paid I sign it off in my folder as paid, how and the date paid.

mummyof3
10-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I used to but they were always left screwed up at the bottom of the baby bag along with the invoices :rolleyes:

I have just had a parent ask for 12mths of receipts from hmrc. I just did a letter with the full amount paid to me for the year (thank goodness my accounts were up to date ;) )

rickysmiths
10-06-2012, 10:30 PM
If you use NCMA Contracts you have to give receipts or you are breaking the terms of the contract as it is on the contract as one of the things the childminder should do.

georgeypie07
11-06-2012, 12:17 AM
My mother in law is an accountant and she said I must always give reciepts wether they pay cash cheque or bank transfer!! (I'm lucky to have her as she does all my accounts thank goodness!!)

ziggy
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I do montly attendance sheets, split into weekly columns. Myself and parents sign at end of each week. there is a box saying how many hours child attended that week, holiday days, sickness etc and how much was paid. So i'm hoping this is enough

I'm not with NCMA and do my own contracts

Rubybubbles
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
If you use NCMA Contracts you have to give receipts or you are breaking the terms of the contract as it is on the contract as one of the things the childminder should do.

Exactly, I had one parent ask me to photocopy best part 12 months of receipts for Tax credits (they lost theirs:rolleyes:) so was really quick and easy!

For those with NCMA do you use their receipt books or just normal ones?

karen m
11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
I give a reciept at end of month showing how much was paid each week,also had 2 parents last week ask for copies as they had lost theirs for child tax

AliceK
11-06-2012, 12:22 PM
I very very rarely get anything in cash it's all vouchers and direct into my bank so unless it is cash I don't give receipts.

xxxx

loocyloo
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
i give receipts for cash, otherwise all bacs transfers/cheques show up on statements.

i was told by the tax people that i didn't need to give receipts unless i was given cash.

tax credits have asked for copies of invoices from some of my parents. one mum asked if they wanted copies of receipts ( the mum who pays in cash ) and they said no!

rickysmiths
11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
I very very rarely get anything in cash it's all vouchers and direct into my bank so unless it is cash I don't give receipts.

xxxx

It is good practice to print out the email notification or give a receipt.

rickysmiths
11-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Exactly, I had one parent ask me to photocopy best part 12 months of receipts for Tax credits (they lost theirs:rolleyes:) so was really quick and easy!

For those with NCMA do you use their receipt books or just normal ones?

I have started using the NCMA ones for ease.

If a parent comes to me because they have lost their receipts and need them for tax credits I charge £10 to reproduce evidence for each year or part of to cover the time it takes me to produce them.

Rubybubbles
26-06-2012, 12:56 PM
I have started using the NCMA ones for ease.

If a parent comes to me because they have lost their receipts and need them for tax credits I charge £10 to reproduce evidence for each year or part of to cover the time it takes me to produce them.

Thanks hun, I have always used the NCMA ones, but going to start getting paid weekly with one family in July so was thinking of using plain ones, but then I do like the NCMA ones lol!

I have taken advise about the reproducing evidence bit and put it in all my new contracts :D:thumbsup: (which as I have just moved they are all new lol)

Bridey
26-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Only for cash payments unless requested otherwise for any particular reason.

lozzy23
26-06-2012, 06:16 PM
I have always given receipts.

melco
26-06-2012, 06:40 PM
I also write receipts but again as others this is because I have NCMA contracts and it says that part of my agreement with them is when they pay I give them a receipt

snufflepuff
26-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I have only ever given receipts for cash payments. Not that parents keep them but at least I have the duplicate part in the receipt book still!

Helen Dempster
26-06-2012, 08:05 PM
I write a receipt for one of my parents who pays in cash monthly. It's only a little receipt book from the post office. Just for my records, and so she can keep on track of when she's paid.

pinkellifun
26-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I have devised a receipt myself which I give to parents. It details my business details, amount received, date of payment, method of payment, 'refers to invoice number', received from and received by.

Then I just write two copies (its not much info to write on it!) and get parent and myself to sign then they have one and I have one.

Receipt gets given out when money has cleared in my account (unless paid in cash then pretty much straight away).

HTH

BucksCM
26-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Oh my...in 18 years I've never given a receipt!!:eek:

fionamadcat
27-06-2012, 09:13 AM
No I've never given receipts either, but received a text from 1 of my parents the other day saying tax credits wanted it and would I do her a letter showing all payments she has made to me. Now wondering if I should maybe start doing something.