PDA

View Full Version : Right DH's away for the week...

butterfly
10-06-2012, 12:12 PM
.... and I must get tidying and sorting!

He puts up with a lot (as I'm sure most cm's DH's must do) :

Kids here when he's not working (he works shifts and can be here mon-thurs)
Painting/messy play stuff everywhere
His lounge, hallway, kitchen and ds toilet full of cm stuff
Rules like all his stuff must go away properly during minding hours as it's unsafe
The garage full of car seats and buggies

So this week he's away all week working in germany and I've promised myself I'm going to have a huge tidy and clear out of my cm cupboard so that lots of the things that live out at the moment can be put away out of sight!

Plus I WILL shift the piles of paperwork that have built up every where!

Look out for more items being listed on the 'for sale' page!!

breezy
10-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Shouldnt you just relax and have fun when he's not around?;)

BucksCM
10-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Shouldnt you just relax and have fun when he's not around?;)

Yup!! My thinking too!!:D:thumbsup:

butterfly
10-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Well I will certainly enjoy my evenings when I can watch exactly what i want without having to comprimise!!

lisa1968
10-06-2012, 06:34 PM
.... and I must get tidying and sorting!

He puts up with a lot (as I'm sure most cm's DH's must do) :

Kids here when he's not working (he works shifts and can be here mon-thurs)
Painting/messy play stuff everywhere
His lounge, hallway, kitchen and ds toilet full of cm stuff
Rules like all his stuff must go away properly during minding hours as it's unsafe
The garage full of car seats and buggies
So this week he's away all week working in germany and I've promised myself I'm going to have a huge tidy and clear out of my cm cupboard so that lots of the things that live out at the moment can be put away out of sight!

Plus I WILL shift the piles of paperwork that have built up every where!

Look out for more items being listed on the 'for sale' page!!

He sounds just like my OH-bless 'em!!He's not working at the mo so is around a lot! Couldn't do the job without him-the job does take over your home and many blokes wouldn't put up with it!

My OH has a great rapport with the kids-he has a laugh and joke with the older ones,and very often has a littlie on his knee looking at a book-my 2 year old girlie mindee absolutely adores him;I may as well not be here when he's around.She walks through the front door calling his name!! Its so lovely!!

He's known as Fix it Duck (after the book) cos he fixes all the toys.We had a bring-your-bike to school day the other week and he even fixed a puncture on one boys bike before we went to school!
Paperwork,drawings and paintings take over the kitchen and the dishwasher is nearly full by teatime-which he always cooks-and he never complains when i drag him round carboot sales looking for bargains!!He's even driven miles to pick stuff up for me that ive won on ebay!!

Happy tidying-I'm sure he'll appreciate it!

debbie1
10-06-2012, 06:40 PM
sounds like my hubby who is a real sweetheart albeit he says he doesnt like children, they are always around him when he is off work have 2 8mth olds and a 18mth old during the week and they all love him to bits, i am sure he loves it really, lol... and i have just come back from a lovely weekend away as congratulations for just completing my first month as a childminder, all this and he is excellent at diy cooking etc love him to bits xxx debbie xxx
:):clapping::jump for joy: