PDA

View Full Version : I'm a horrible mummy

Happy Bunny
08-06-2012, 08:07 PM
This is what my 9yr old said to me tonight as I would not let her friend stay over.
I have had a busy 2 days and 2 very difficult children so I wanted a quiet relaxing evening.
I did promise that her friend could stay tomo but not tonight, I have now got one stroppy kid, stomping around moaning about how 'it's not fair'

caz3007
08-06-2012, 08:13 PM
My 9 year old would be threatened that if they carried on stomping and moaning then it wouldnt happen tomorrow night either. But then I am a really horrid mummy :laughing::laughing:

The Juggler
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
my dd used to frequently tell me that she hated me and wanted to live with a nicer family (just because she didn't get her own way)

when she was 4 she went upstairs got a bag, packed some clothes, came down and opened the front door to leave :eek::laughing:

mushpea
08-06-2012, 08:23 PM
My daughter is lovley with the littlys, shes helps do their coats up and put their shoes on she reads to them and cuddles them when they are upset yet whenever things dont go her way they are 'horrible mindee children that stop her having a life and why do we need them anyway' and apparently I think more of them than her and every thing I do is for them :laughing:
I have grown thick skinned and just agree with her which causes her to stomp to her room, bang the door then a while later she comes down hugs me and appologieses,,, bloomin hormones:laughing:

Happy Bunny
08-06-2012, 08:33 PM
My daughter is good with the little uns and never moans about them.
i'm just made to feel guilty because i am so ****** shattered tonight lol.
Lets hope an early night will improve the mood.

loocyloo
09-06-2012, 08:02 AM
:D LOL! apparently i love mindees more too! and i ONLY ever do things with/for mindees!

Pipsqueak
09-06-2012, 08:07 AM
This is what my 9yr old said to me tonight as I would not let her friend stay over.
I have had a busy 2 days and 2 very difficult children so I wanted a quiet relaxing evening.
I did promise that her friend could stay tomo but not tonight, I have now got one stroppy kid, stomping around moaning about how 'it's not fair'

I will step up and admit that I too.. AM A BAD MUM
I never give me kids anything, I never let them do anything, I never take them anywhere or let them do anything.
Proud to be a BAD MUM!

Now, if my little one 'carried on' the privilage of having someone to stop over the next night would have been revoked
child would also get a severe talking to about me as a working parent and so on...

uf353432
09-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Well i'm not looking forward to my daughter getting to a hormone riddled little person - at age 6 she already flounces. Mind you I think its all my chickens coming home to roost at once because she is a chip off the old block. Unfortunately I know all the tricks in the book - I invented them - so it doesn't wash with me and i'm the same kind on bad mummy that Pip is - that sleep over would so be cancelled if she didn't sort herself out by the time I counted to 5.

I hope you had a glass of wine with that sit down :clapping:

JCrakers
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I know how you feel.
My dd is 10 and always asking me things. I usually do say yes to her friends coming round but if I'm feeling really tired I do say not today. Why can't you go and play at your friends house instead.
They are always round here because its more fun :rolleyes: plus everyone else's parents don't want the noise and want a quiet life so I'm stuck with them most of the time. I don't usually mind as I love kids and want my dd to have friends round when she wants but it does make me cross sometimes how it's so one sided.
When I do say no she makes me feel like an ogre :angry:

Plus I do enjoy grounding her if she's been a madam....:littleangel: :D
She was grounded for three days last week as she just wouldnt stop arguing. I said 'if you carry on I'll ground you tuesday as well!' she carried on and so I added another day on...she was not impressed...she knows who's boss in the end :D

teacake2
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Don't want to worry anyone, but I am still a bad mum sometimes and he is 33:eek::eek:
Teacake2

mandy moo
10-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Don't want to worry anyone, but I am still a bad mum sometimes and he is 33:eek::eek:
Teacake2

:laughing::laughing: