PDA

View Full Version : Why do I agree to these things

JCrakers
08-06-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm working just the 3 days this week...Phew. We went camping at the weekend for 3 nights and I didn't get much sleep (also there was an annoying cockerel who cocka-******-doodled at 4am) so Weds morning I was shattered. :panic:

Managed to get through Weds with 5 children and got through Thurs with the rain and 4 children. Today I've only got two children but I've agreed to work until 5.30pm with a boy who's 6yrs. He usually goes at 2.50pm and 2yr old will be going at 3.30pm.
Its raining...I've only got him and a 2yr old..he's not listening, constantly asking me to do crafts one after the other, not clearing up and basically its hard work today :(
He's being tested for Autism which both myself and the school picked up on. I've got to watch him like a hawk because he can be a bit rough with the little ones and he likes to play making a very loud humming noise all the time. I know its not his fault but I'm blumming well exhausted and got a banging headache from the humming.....bleugh :(
Why do I agree to extra hours on a Friday?....Roll on 5.30pm when I can crack the gin open :D

Bridey
08-06-2012, 12:36 PM
My Aspie mindee has developed a loud hum when doing certain activities ... oh my goodness, you have my sympathy! :panic:

karen m
08-06-2012, 08:14 PM
I work till 7 on a Tuesday and a Friday and that last hour seems to drag,nice surprice tonight though mum arrived at 6.30

mushpea
08-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I can sympathise with you,my son who has ADHD is constantly jumping around 'fighting enemys' with lots of odd noises going on, phuffing, puffing, panting, humphing, pop pop poping :angry: it drives me nuts and somtimes I just have to walk out of the room to 'make a cup of tea' that I just dont want but need a break from the constant noises,, sometimes I do loose the plot and tell him to stop but he looks so hurt when I do as if he dosent realise what hes doing,, bless em:rolleyes: I also have to keep an eye on him with the school age mindees as they soon learn how to wind him up but with the littlys he is lovley to them! the only thing he can't cope with is when they cry then he just stands there looking stressed with his hands over his ears asking why they need to cry !
bet you were relived when he went home,, is it wine time yet lol :laughing: