PDA

View Full Version : what best to make people know your a new childminder

little stars ch
08-06-2012, 11:54 AM
hi every one :) am after a little bit of advice am a newly registered childminder and wondered if any of you have any ideas as to where to put ads to make people know about yourself thankyou

loocyloo
08-06-2012, 12:14 PM
i have a fleece that says childminder on the back and i wear it everywhere!

i moved house 14mths ago (260miles away) and knew no one!

i keep business cards in my pocket and give them to everyone i meet, if i see some up on a notice board/shop wall, i ask to put one of mine up. i have an advert in my car window, and when we first moved, we were renting, and i put a poster in my front window, as it was on the pavement, where everyone walked to school!

i went to toddlers and told everyone/handed out fliers etc. i stayed and helped with tea/coffee,played with children, joined in song time ... all without children as mine are at school! it felt a bit wierd, but helped me to get to know people, and people to know me!

i also googled childminder and my area and put free ads where ever i could! check with FIS that they have your contact details, childrens centre, babyclinics, dentists, i popped in and said hello! school also put info in their newsletter for me.

i also spoke to local minders by phone/bumped into some at toddler groups. we are few & far between in my area!

i'm really shy and found this hard, but it paid off!

little stars ch
08-06-2012, 12:22 PM
thankyou :)

i do have a fleece on order and ive payed for stickers on my car windows i have put a few posters up but quite few places around here wont allow posters unless their for charity :( but i keep trying

thankyou

sarah707
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Tell everyone - the lady in the corner shop, the grocer, the butcher... you never know who knows someone looking for childcare!

Good luck :D