PDA

View Full Version : Pointless info...

EmmaReed84
08-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Just read an advert for a parent who is looking for a babysitter... It is a very short advert, but randomly states... "I am a smoker so dont mind other smokers"

Why would you put that? I mean if you are a CM/Babysitter who smokes you would not read that and think... Oh I can offer my services because they smoke as well... Just made me chuckle really...

While typing this I also remembered our trip to the fire station and saw a no smoking sign on the window... that really made me giggle... don't know why though.

Any others out there with useless/pointless info?...

cat lady at 38
08-06-2012, 10:56 AM
some of the adverts on childcare.co make me laugh and some make me cringe i think people dont realise sometimes what their writing sometimes want to contact them and say you cant do that (racism, ageism, moral standards ect, not the dome thing ect)

~Grasshopper~
08-06-2012, 11:18 AM
i get so frustrated, i dont care what your dog is called or if you going to the cinema. i want to know what school you need pick up's from.:rolleyes:

xxxx

LauraS
08-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I agree with that, there are an awful lot of adverts wanting pick ups from schools and nurseries which don't state the name of the school/nursery. Don't they think it matters? :laughing:

EmmaReed84
08-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I agree with that, there are an awful lot of adverts wanting pick ups from schools and nurseries which don't state the name of the school/nursery. Don't they think it matters? :laughing:

:laughing: "Hello, My name is Emma, my husbands name is Fred I have 2 children I also have 3 cats, like to smoke and drink occasionally. I need for after school care while I am at work, In an office, doing photocopying for my boss and making lots of tea. Also some care on the weekends so me and DH can get jiggy!"

Any takers?

jane5
08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I giggle when they say what their hobbies are or how many times a week they go to the gym or how big their house is......!!!!!
:huh: Why would I need to know that? I need to know how many days and what time you want to drop off and collect.....!!!

marnieb
09-06-2012, 06:19 AM
I know!!! Was having a nosy on there yesterday, and the amount of useless info - how long they've been married, what their house is like, how often they go camping, but no actual clue about what hours they need or even the age of their kids!!!!!!!! :p

jumping j
09-06-2012, 06:57 AM
I read one that said

"care needed for 2 little princesses who are loved more than anything else in the world"

put me off straight away :laughing:

LauraS
09-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I don't really get some of the nanny ones either. Like 'nanny needed, 2-3pm Tuesdays and 3-5pm alternate thursdays' blah blah. Do nannies really take on silly bitty hours like that, I'd imagine they would have even less scope to do that than childminders given that they have sole care.

Oh, and there seem to be quite a few ads which state 'registered childminder needed to pick up from day nursery at 6pm and have child until I finish work at 7pm'. I can't for the life of me imagine why a childminder would want to do that, picking up the worst of the working hours that the nurseries won't do, getting the worst of the child when they are tired and grotty at the end of the day and making a special journey to pick up one child - unless you charged through the nose for it :idea:. Babysitter - student, perhaps. But not a childminder.

~Grasshopper~
09-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi
I am a best dady ever!

My Requirements
Babysitter Registered Childminder
Au Pair Mothers Help
we do not deicided yet what we need exactly, but surely we need a part time childminder for a 1 year old boy from june, than if everything going well it could become full time, and it is possible we will need something before and after school from september for a 4 years old.

words fail me:eek: