PDA

View Full Version : come when you like

disney
06-06-2008, 12:52 PM
one of my mindees mums txt me last night to say she will not be bringing mindee in morning as she is sleeping at her mates .i txt back to say thank you for letting me no in advance so this meant i didnt have to get u[p as early as she normally comes at 7 and the rest dont come till 8 :)

well at 7. 35 just ran up to the toilet and door knocks ! goes to door one of my other mindees and mum standing their morning hope you dont just thought i would bring him early :eek: think i even answered her . see you later she said . i dont even know why he was early and i just thought he is not contracted till 8 and this was not arranged . idont mind but i just wonder why they dont ask first .she was lucky as normally at that time im down the garden cheecking for dog poo . :laughing:

why do they feel they can come when they :angry: a little x

berkschick
06-06-2008, 12:56 PM
The twins turned up 20 mins early this morning but I ignored the door, I was busy sorting my own kids out!

I opened it 10 mins early to find Mum changing their nappies on my front path :eek:

She said she had got here early so I could help get them changed and dressed here as it is such a rush for her at home!

katickles
06-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I opened it 10 mins early to find Mum changing their nappies on my front path :eek:

She said she had got here early so I could help get them changed and dressed here as it is such a rush for her at home!

Thats shocking! :eek:

mum22
06-06-2008, 01:10 PM
:eek: dare we ask if she would have hid the dirty nappy in your bushes !!
:laughing:
helen

berkschick
06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
No, she shoved them in the changing bag! Yuck :panic:

foxy lady
06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
im sure these parent think we have no life of our own how rude:angry:

Alibali
06-06-2008, 06:15 PM
My early start 7.45, dropped down to two days this week, mon and tues, and my others are all 8.30 starts. Wednesday morning was to be bliss, set alarm for 7.30 instead of 7, got up happily and into shower smiling about my lie in, just out of shower at 7.50 and lo and behold one of my mindees and dad standing there. I threw some clothes on, no make up on, hair wet and opened the door. 'Oh you're early' I said, 'yes' he replies 'we sent you a text'. OK, checked my phone they had sent a text at 7.40 to say 'D will be there at 8 o'clock hope thats ok'. I didn't hear message as I was in the shower so didn't reply but they still came and then did the same on thursday and today! Drives me mad.

Ali x

chubbymummy
06-06-2008, 06:20 PM
well i would charge double if they came before 8am and wouldn't answer the door until 5 mins before their due time. that would stop them doing it again!!!!!

i do have my own family to attend to

manjay
06-06-2008, 07:04 PM
One of mine has taken the piddle tonight. She pays until 5.15 for 2 of them as I have a 2 hour minimum charge. She is at uni so usually picks up well before then. Poor boys are still sat here tonight at 5.35, looking longingly at the others eating their meal. I send a text asking if she has forgotten them, no answer. Turns up at 5.45 saying sorry but she was shopping in Woolies as they are closing tomorrow and the bargains were too good to miss. She had left her phone at home:panic:

flora
06-06-2008, 08:38 PM
The twins turned up 20 mins early this morning but I ignored the door, I was busy sorting my own kids out!

****** cheek!!!!

Some people have a nerve :panic:

fishbones1
06-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Some people are just so cheeky! don't they think we have other things to do, thats why we have set times????:panic:

Twinkles
06-06-2008, 10:10 PM
It may sound harsh ( but I am, see horoscope post !) but I won't open the door more than ten mins early. If I have done by accident I ask them into the lounge or playroom and say ' just going to finish getting ready ' and leave them to sort their own children out. It really is SO rude.

MissTinkerbell
07-06-2008, 01:53 PM

What a cheek! With twins you get up earlier - believe me I know. I can my twins dressed in 15 minutes provided they co-operate:)

miffy
07-06-2008, 05:17 PM
It may sound harsh ( but I am, see horoscope post !) but I won't open the door more than ten mins early. If I have done by accident I ask them into the lounge or playroom and say ' just going to finish getting ready ' and leave them to sort their own children out. It really is SO rude.

If that's harsh I am harsher - I don't open the door until 8am no matter how early they arrive.

Most of my parents know this now so don't bother trying

Some of them took longer to train than others though:laughing:

miffy xx

Hannahlg
07-06-2008, 06:33 PM
mine dont srop them eailer then there contocted times but are oftn later.

one boy is contacted from 7.30am somtimes itsafter 8am when she turns up like. somtimes will be here at 7.40am but never been here at 7.30am yet.

emmadines
08-06-2008, 07:22 AM

what a cheak:angry: ! im not gonna open the door till the contracted times! i think its in my policies, will check later, if it isnt i will be adding it!!

FizzysFriends
08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Dont think I will be opening the door until their time, because the plan was I would make sure DD was ready by the time the first child arrives else she will get distracted and we will end up being late.