PDA

View Full Version : CACHE CYPW

notts
07-06-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm signing up to do this. Who's done it? doing it? recommend it?

CH1957
07-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Ive just signed up to do it. Im finding it really hard, its an online course so not much help from anyone. First assignment due in in 2 weeks. :panic:

rickysmiths
07-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Please be careful with the online courses.

If you do not have any visits by a tutor for observations while you work or it is not a requirement that you are working at least 18 hours a week with children in the early years, then the course may not be a full one that will be recognised as a Early Years Qualification.

funemnx
07-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I just finished it, at my local college.

Once I understood what the questions meant, it was fine. Most of it is what we do every day anyway, just had to write it down! I started in September and finished in May so not too bad. Our class was every other Tuesday evening 7.00-9.30 I did it because I was Accredited last year to offer the funding and had to promise I would but glad I did really :)

pinkbutterfly
07-06-2012, 07:25 PM
I started it two months ago via distant learning. I have a tutor who comes to see me every 4-6 weeks and have assignments in between. I am really struggling not with the course as such but with finding the time to do it in peace when I can just read without being interrupted. My end date is mid October and my course has to be completed by then as that's the time my funding stops.
A lot of it is common sense and looking at what we are doing anyway.

jumping j
08-06-2012, 06:55 AM
I did this through my local college too.
Get the guidance books either from the library or off amazon/ebay.
I couldn't have doen it without them as the questions were very long winded and wordy!
Once I had the book I flew through it, started May 2011 and was finished by December.

My assessor came out every 6 weeks or so, my tutor answered emails quickly, within the day sometimes and both were happy to look through written work and offer suggestions on what I'd missed.

The course did seemed to be aimed more at nursery's/playgroups but there were some useful things, especially if you've not worked with children before, and if nothing else it's another bit of paper to go in your professional development folder :laughing:

notts
08-06-2012, 10:46 AM
This will be setting based, where a tutor assesses me in my setting - a sticking point however, I'm not minding yet! still trying to get that 1st client! I do have a workaround in mind if not though!