PDA

View Full Version : hard work

adele1985
07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
i have a mindee this week i havent seen for a while (as and when care)

mindee is 9 and always seems to want more

today we went for a bus ride into the high street for a few bits for lunch we called in boyes as soon as mindee saw the toys she was there picking everything off saying thiings like " aww ive always wanted one of these "look at this its only £2" :rolleyes: i ignored these commets as i know what was coming next " can i have one of these to take home"

i told her no as if i buy anything it will be for everyone and will be staying at my house at which she replyed " well ive filled my sticker chart why cant i have one" which i ignored she then shouted "that not fair" (her favourite quote)

does anyone else buy mindees things to go home with???

i sometimes do if we have been somewere as a keep sake

we then went to butterfly world on the way out we stopped at the shop and i told her she could choose a magnet to take home ( i thought she would be over the moon with this) lol well she wasent she wanted a £5 jewellwey set instead :rolleyes: she again got told no and "its not fair" made another apperence

~Grasshopper~
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM
no i dont buy them anything to take home. with my mindee's if i give an inch they want a mile. i find the fairest thing is nobody gets anything unless its something to stay here and share.

xx

AliceK
07-06-2012, 03:09 PM
No not as a rule but like yourself if we've been on a day trip in the holidays I might let them have something little as a keepsake.

xxx

BucksCM
07-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't as a rule.as Suz said, give them an inch and they will take a mile!
But if we've been on a day out then I normally get a pencil with the place name on, then they have something to write their diaries with!!

alwaysright
07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
no i dont buy mindees anything to take home for their house and if we go on a day out and their own parents want to give me some money to get them something i will otherwise no not even then!

CH1957
07-06-2012, 03:58 PM
no i dont buy mindees anything to take home for their house and if we go on a day out and their own parents want to give me some money to get them something i will otherwise no not even then!

The 8 year old I have in the hols is just the same. Shes an absolute nightmare when she doesnt get her own way, she more trouble than all the LO's put together!! Giving up school age kids after this holiday, had enough after todays performance. :mad:

Pipsqueak
07-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Oh you lot are MEANIES....

you don't buy them stuff...????

I spend LOADS on my mindees, I buy them whatever they want - when they want it.
I am a really really nice childminder

MEANIES

ok so I fib...... I am a meanie too:D

The Juggler
07-06-2012, 04:14 PM
lol Pip :D

my line to my mindees is 'treats like these are for mum and dad to buy you, I can't buy them because it will cost me a lot of money if I buy them for everyone who comes to my house'.

Leave them to go home and ask mum and dad ;)

adele1985
07-06-2012, 04:49 PM
i dont mind buying a little keep sake if we go out on a trip and the younger ones i mind (3 and 4 year olds) are happy with or without

the 9 year old how ever is a diffrent story

I took her to the play area a few months back and out for lunch ( i thought she would have been over the moon)

First strop of the day was when i told her she could pick anything off the kids menu for lunch (main meal, drink and ice cream) - she wanted an adult meal

second storp came when i gave her £1 to use the grab machines - there were 2 machines so obversly it wasent fair as she wanted both

third strop came when I bought her a moshi monsters blind bag on the way home - she wanted sweets as well as the toy

cant please some kids :rolleyes:

I buy nothing now if were out and about unless its for the business then they can all share it

clareelizabeth1
07-06-2012, 08:17 PM
When out and about the only thing I have ever borght them is an ice cream. I've got to say 8 and 10 yo they were thankful and didn't ask for more. But Ive always felt toys are something for a parent to buy and well I am to much of a cheap skate to buy toys for any where but my play room

funemnx
07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I just say to parents 'we're going to X for the day, I'm happy for them to bring some pocket money if they like', that way, if they pick rubbish, it's their money! :rolleyes:

uf353432
07-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Lol! Pip

The short answer is no, absolutely not and if they dare to ask - I ask them they are welcome to buy something with their own money and when they say they don't have any - I remind them that I don't either.

I have been known to buy the odd ice lolly every now and again - but not on every day trip because else it becomes 'expected' rather than a treat.

If this was an ongoing problem I would be roping the parents in to either provide pocket money 'or' set boundaries and expectations on their child.

mushpea
07-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I did once buy somthing, it was on a trip to the butterfly farm and they had been so good that they each had some money to spend but generally my answer to 'can I have' is 'have you brought your money' to which most times the answers no so I say then no you cant buy anything.
If I know we are going on a big day out i tell parents queitly they can send some spending money but they will only get to spend it if all the children have money to spend.
as for Icecreams we normally get a box from iceland or tescos and share them out as its a dam site chepaer than the ice cream van,, infact my children thought the icecream van was a music van who went round playing nice music for everyone :laughing:,, they were quite old when the realised and that was only becuase we never bought from ice cream vans