PDA

View Full Version : Logo and name

sprinkles
07-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Do you have a logo for your business? If so, what is it? I was thinking of using a picture of a teddy or something...

Do you have a name for your business and is it for advertising purposes only? I didn't put down a name for my business when I completed SCSWIS application but can you use one for advertising only but any paperwork just in my name?

loocyloo
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
i just use my name for my business. personally i don't like cutsey names and decided it would be easier for everything to be in my name! i think ofsted/SCSWIS and tax people have to have everything in your own name. i'm not sure about anything else.

my logo is a picture of me drawn by a little girl i used to nanny for. DH did some PC magic and coloured it in, and now i use it on everything. (although i am rather taken by the paint handprints some mindees did a while back, and i'm using them a bit too! ( i have one as my avatar on here! )

sprinkles
07-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Everything would be in my name I was just thinking of using Karen's Kiddycare instead of Karen's Childcare/Childminding. Just thought it flowed better.

I'm not sure what to use as my logo...I'm not very artistic etc so was going to take a picture from google of a teddy or something similar.

adele1985
07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
i just use my name, my logo is a ladybird figured my mum brought me back from tenerife :D

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k610/adelecorbett/123.png

sprinkles
07-06-2012, 02:40 PM
That is awesome Adele! I'm really stuck for logo ideas :(

adele1985
07-06-2012, 02:56 PM
That is awesome Adele! I'm really stuck for logo ideas :(

thanks hun :-)

fionamal
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
My logo is the Vistaprint ones of the coloured handprints. I was stuck too so went on there to order business cards etc and thats what I chose and have had it now for 6 years.

I just use my name Fiona McEwan Childminding as thats what I had put on my application forms and it was going to be too much hassle to change it, at the time Care Commission as they were then called wanted me to re-register to change the name so didnt bother:laughing:

BuggsieMoo
07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
My logo (as kindly designed by HazeyDayz hubby) is my business name. I actually went through the process of copyrighting my logo and company moto of 'Where Children Play To Learn' as someone took a shine to it! :mad:

My logo is as my avatar is x

sprinkles
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
My logo is the Vistaprint ones of the coloured handprints. I was stuck too so went on there to order business cards etc and thats what I chose and have had it now for 6 years.

I just use my name Fiona McEwan Childminding as thats what I had put on my application forms and it was going to be too much hassle to change it, at the time Care Commission as they were then called wanted me to re-register to change the name so didnt bother:laughing:

I went on vista print earlier and created a logo with the coloured blocks. I've put my surname down on SCSWIS application but haven't used it in the logo - just put "Karen's Childminding Services", is that ok or do I need to have it as it is on application form?