PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg and Market research

JT1406
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know what Market Research is expected as part of the registration process? I am trying to get a head start on things, taking courses etc..while I wait to hear if I have to go to the pre-reg meeting.

I was a childminder some years ago for a long while, have lots of childcare qualifications and experience-including 5 children of my own-and have read the pre-reg meeting write up on NCMA website and have been sent the forms. So im not sure if I have to attend it and start from scratch or not?

Anyway, was just wondering if anyone knew what we had to do in the way of market research?

Thank you

miffy
07-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I've no idea (it's a long time since I registered) but didn't want to read and run.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who knows :)

Miffy xx

marnieb
07-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Don't know about Market research, but on my course we were advised to think about what we would do to stand out from other cm's in the area, being flexible, opening hours, fees, anything really that might give you a bit of an edge!!!!!!

Smiley
07-06-2012, 03:43 PM
my local authority mention research and my understanding of what they mean is to find out how much childcare is already in your area PVI settings and childminders. This is for you to make a judgement about the demand for childcare and to see if providers have vacancies, are they struggling to fill them?

if you access your local family information service website you should be able to find the childcare sufficiency data for your area.
hope this helps