PDA

View Full Version : Soooo upset

tash 1
06-06-2012, 07:01 PM
:(Thought I was to get first mindee mum been really keen talking on e.mail over last week was due tonight had arranged after 6pm, have tried contacting her but only got her e.mail, she not replied so upset as some of u know been trying to get child since oct 11 have lovely home, we nice family etc etc.... Don't think she coming,been tidying house all day my own kids feed up want their tea from the chippy LOL why are people so rude not to contact anyone else have this happen to them.Tashx

sarah707
06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Oh hunny I am so sorry! Hugs xx

shona_rj
06-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Had exactly the same when I was starting up - took for ages to get going. Had a family in just a few days before Christmas, they were both foreign and going home for the holidays and asked me to start after the Christmas break - never heard a word. Chin up - it will happen!!

Angela234
06-06-2012, 08:33 PM
I know how your feeling i have been waiting to get work since Feb not as long as you. My phone hasn't evan rung yet

Hopefully they have a good reason and will contact you

cathtee
06-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi Its so annoying:mad: I signed contracts with a parent for afterschool, child moving schools, told me whose class he was in and I would start to collect on Monday following week. Went to school no child, spoke to teacher child never turned up and they hadn't heard from them, and I never heard from them again either:(

rickysmiths
06-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi Its so annoying:mad: I signed contracts with a parent for afterschool, child moving schools, told me whose class he was in and I would start to collect on Monday following week. Went to school no child, spoke to teacher child never turned up and they hadn't heard from them, and I never heard from them again either:(

It is for this reason I take a four weeks fees Deposit when a contract is signed.

tash 1
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks for support everyone.I know when the time right it will happen.Big believer in fate,at times like this I always remember what my nan would sing "Kay sera sera " Doris Day LOL, just don't understand why mum could'nt have text or e.mailed so rude.Tashx

tash 1
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I know how your feeling i have been waiting to get work since Feb not as long as you. My phone hasn't evan rung yet

Hopefully they have a good reason and will contact you

Don't give up! are u on childcare.co.uk? Get on every free advertising there is let us know how you get on.Tashx

lulubelle
06-06-2012, 09:43 PM
its so annoying isnt it? i have had a few myself, even from someone who lives in my street!!!

mummyof3
06-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I had so many knocks to my confidence with timewasters when I first started out. I had parents not turn up, parents that turned up but were rude, I even had someone ask all my neighbours what kind of person I was before she came round!

Fast forward a few years now I'm full I've taken on an assistant a few days a week and I have a waiting list.

Don't be too disheartened everything happens for a reason :)

tash 1
06-06-2012, 10:19 PM
I had so many knocks to my confidence with timewasters when I first started out. I had parents not turn up, parents that turned up but were rude, I even had someone ask all my neighbours what kind of person I was before she came round!

Fast forward a few years now I'm full I've taken on an assistant a few days a week and I have a waiting list.

Don't be too disheartened everything happens for a reason :)

Thanks, have so many ideas and plans just want to get in there and start using my lovey resources.:)Tashx

Tealady
06-06-2012, 11:15 PM
I always take a mobile number and text text the evening or morning before they come just to confirm. Most have still come but I've had one or two lame excuses why they suddenly can't come but no "no shows". That way I don't waste time & resources printing stuff of or having a spruce up before they come.

My Doctors, hairdresser, hospital, dentist etc all do it so why shouldn't I?

Angela234
07-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Don't give up! are u on childcare.co.uk? Get on every free advertising there is let us know how you get on.Tashx

Yes i'm on childcare co uk i keep looking at parents in my area only 3 are on there this year!

I.ve had 2 years out from minding never had a problem before i was expecting to get children before now, i am looking after my baby grandson 3-4 days a week but i do need a wage no money for 21/2 years :panic:

sarahjane
07-06-2012, 09:16 AM
It's frustrating isn't it? I arranged to see someone on Tuesday (BH) as they said they were desperate and needed immediate start. Got up early, cleaned and tidied around and then waited and waited and waited!! A no show, was not impressed and I'm not phoning to see why as if they can't be polite enough to let me know they are not coming then they are not the right family for me!

Hope someone better comes along soon for you x

maryp0ppins
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Bless ya,

I used to be the same when I first started out, rushing around making sure everything looked good, asked my kids to sit nice & not to make a seen etc.......

Now years on they come & see me as I am, at the end of the day my home is A "WORKING" home with children here for 55 hours per week not including my own. My home is not dirty but maybe at times untidy!!

Although I hear what your saying about waiting around with a NO show is sooooooooooooooo annoying, maybe not take every phone call/email serious until they walk through your door & ask for contacts or another visit.

Chin up, your time will come x