PDA

View Full Version : free childcare for 2years??

Fairy Tanya
06-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Hi all,
recieved my survey audit from Kent NCMA for availabililty for government places for free childcare for 2year olds.
I have been a registered childcare since August 2011 with an Ofsted report of GOOD. I live in the Canterbury (KENT) region.
I think this is a good idea, especially for childminders, trying to find new clients, but would like to know what else this involves.
From the info I can find, you have to be accredited. What is this??
I did a 6 day training course, with the NMCA last feb 2011. I have a first aid certificate and food and hygiene certificate. I'm an NCMA member and have a database certificate for taking and storing pictures of my mindees.

My info that I have found hasn't really been great. Some people say you need an NVQ Level 3, some don't.
So I think, I need to find out what extra quals I need, and also was thinking about maybe finding out if I can get free for 3 and 4 year olds too.
I know my question hasn't been very clear on this, but not sure on how to put my question forward and what info I need to move ahead.
Where do I get an NVQ qual, as I don't have to time to go to college as working all day mon-fri.
so if anyone can help with these questions, I would be very grateful.
Fairy hugs
Tanya

butterfly
06-06-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure what help I can be Tanya as each county is different. In Devon we have to be good or outstanding, have been minding for a year and hold a NVQ Level 3 qualification.

You need to speak to your development worker to find out what you need in your county.

tulip0803
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi

Kent Family Information Service will be able to give you the info on what you need to join the network. Each area has their own criteria. There may not yet be a network in your area. At present there is not one where I live but there will be one starting ready for April next year.

They may also be able to tell you about level 3 courses in your area and if there is any funding to cover this. I did a level 3 course over 2 years attending one evening a week - others have done on-line courses but there has been some controversy about the validity of some on-line courses as they are not as thorough as the NVQ or Diploma

Good luck

moggy
06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Also ask what the hourly rate you would get for a 2, 3 or 4 year old. Here is it well below our average hourly rate so just not worth doing, sadly. But every area is different.

muffins
06-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi, I'm in Deal! Yes you have a network & will need to contact your DO to get on the waiting list. You do need a level 3 to join though! You dont however need to join to offer funding for 2yr olds. Funding for 3-4yr olds is def £3.80 & 2yr olds is £4.80ish.

Good luck:thumbsup: