PDA

View Full Version : I know I am good...

tulip0803
06-06-2012, 06:08 PM
...and have (many) years of life experience but I am beginning to wonder about some of my parents and what they think I do and know - multi-tasker that I am:-

TEXT from 1 parent over weekend - "Are the buses running over bank holiday?" - same parent next day "Do you have a bus timetable?"

Text from another parent - "My car is leaking and I have puddle in passenger footwell. Any ideas?"

Phone call from parent today (Do not have her child today) - "The buses are only running up from town not down to town. Do you know why?"

So not am I only a childminder, mother etc I am now a mechanic and bus company owner too!

AliceK
06-06-2012, 06:10 PM
...and have (many) years of life experience but I am beginning to wonder about some of my parents and what they think I do and know - multi-tasker that I am:-

TEXT from 1 parent over weekend - "Are the buses running over bank holiday?" - same parent next day "Do you have a bus timetable?"

Text from another parent - "My car is leaking and I have puddle in passenger footwell. Any ideas?"

Phone call from parent today (Do not have her child today) - "The buses are only running up from town not down to town. Do you know why?"

So not am I only a childminder, mother etc I am now a mechanic and bus company owner too!

:laughing: :laughing: They obviously think you are the font of all knowledge.

Seriously though, how strange :panic:

xxx

BucksCM
06-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Text from another parent - "My car is leaking and I have puddle in passenger footwell. Any ideas?"could be the heat exchange unit!!! I have water leaking into my car too!!

LOL!! I sometimes get the same...but not just from parents...

~Grasshopper~
06-06-2012, 06:19 PM
lol, some people amaze me. x

WibbleWobble
06-06-2012, 06:39 PM
i get similar...

i have

1 helped a family move house over a weekend (we were asked as mum and dad have no one else-kids went to grans)

2 looked at all sorts of rashes/lumps/bumps (ex nurse)

3 best one though......jump started mums car when she came for a first visit as she left her lights on-she was so nervous. signed up that day and two years later has written me a reference saying how i got her car started and that made her feel i could do anything!!

mandy xx

funemnx
06-06-2012, 07:38 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Made me laff!!!

Mouse
06-06-2012, 07:47 PM

And did you know why the buses weren't running? I'm intrigued :laughing:

I haven't had any queries quite that odd, but I did used to have one family who would phone me all the time to ask questions about what was happening at school, when photo money needed to be handed in, what time was assembly etc. No matter how many times I told them I didn't know, none of my children were at that school, they still seemed to think I should know everything!

And I did have one mum who would text me at weekends asking if I had any suggestions on where she could take mindee for the day :rolleyes:

lisa1968
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
When its snowing I get texts or phone calls-sometimes at 6.30 in the morning-asking if the schools are open (I even get calls from parents who I don't mind for!).How do I know??Do they think I have a hotline to the headteacher???...do what I do and listen to the blooming radio!!

tialil
06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Phone calls on weekends to see if child can have cough mixture and calpol.

Knock on the door by families who have left to see if I know what their childs rash is.

Dont get me wrong I love keeping in touch with my minded children that have left but not when they are full of germs. Kept them on doorstep that day......

Also the usual do I know when inset day is - my kids have left that school now , parents get emails/letters, I dont !!!

Oh and the calls asking if the school is open or closed due to the snow, I also feel like saying listen on radio or check council website.

I love being able to help but there is MY time as well. :D

Tealady
06-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Fortunately my parents are quite clued up but I do get it from parent's of my DD's on the school playground.... (is this rash slapped cheek? Is it non-uniform on Friday? can I borrow a car seat?" and my personal/proper friends do call
me "the Wise Woman".

Lady Haha
07-06-2012, 02:20 PM
When its snowing I get texts or phone calls-sometimes at 6.30 in the morning-asking if the schools are open (I even get calls from parents who I don't mind for!).How do I know??Do they think I have a hotline to the headteacher???...do what I do and listen to the blooming radio!!

I get this as well :laughing: Also get texts asking 'when do they go back to school?' during hols and 'is next Friday an inset day?' and my favourite is :laughing: 'can you give me the school absence phone number' when I don't even have their child to take to school that day.....

Maza
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Now I'm worried! Inever get asked any questions like these - they must all think I'm thick!

AliceK
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Now I'm worried! Inever get asked any questions like these - they must all think I'm thick!

Don't worry I don't get asked either. I'm blonde, maybe they think I'm thick too :laughing:

xxx

Louisee2513
07-06-2012, 08:08 PM
LOL!! I sometimes get the same...but not just from parents...

I am new here but saw this and had to reply, i work in a childrens center currently and i can asure you, the parents are exactly the same :)