PDA

View Full Version : My latest letter to MS Truss

Penny1959
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Well I think MS Truss needs to start composing standard reply 4 - as I have written to her again.:D

Child Care Journal have posted it on their Facebook page but for those of you who do not 'do' facebook - I have attached it.

I must comment that Child Care Journal are being very supportive (I know others are as well) but I think it worthwhile thanking people for supporting us and as they have now posted a few of my 'bits' thanks are due.

Penny :)

Donkey
06-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Very nice Penny

just in response to this comment........

Children’s Centres
Many childminders have been unable to access services or support from their local children’s centre – and so view the idea of a children’s centre based agency with some concern. However Personally I feel there is potential for children’s centres and childminders to work together – and suggest that each children’s centre should have a childminder on the board, to advise and oversee activities, training, and support offered. Fitting in with the government’s aim of more community involvement in children’s centre this could be done in a voluntary role and in terms of peer to peer support.

have you read the surestart childrens centre statutory framework, makes for very interesting reading :rolleyes::rolleyes: I have and the last framework was written in 2010 and pretty much says that cm's should be part of the centre and its board

Penny1959
06-06-2012, 08:29 PM
have you read the surestart childrens centre statutory framework, makes for very interesting reading :rolleyes::rolleyes: I have and the last framework was written in 2010 and pretty much says that cm's should be part of the centre and its board

Indeed Donkey - not only have I read but I had to work with first framework (similar) when employed by LA

Have you seen the government document on tendering for children's centers?

http://ht.ly/bcXIR

Just had long phone call from DD4 - who happens to work in my local CC - they are up for tender in Sept - deadline Jan, implementation July next year - it is happening.

The Juggler
06-06-2012, 08:54 PM
brilliant letter Penny. would love to hear her response xx

Donkey
06-06-2012, 09:10 PM

Indeed Donkey - not only have I read but I had to work with first framework (similar) when employed by LA

Have you seen the government document on tendering for children's centers?

http://ht.ly/bcXIR

Just had long phone call from DD4 - who happens to work in my local CC - they are up for tender in Sept - deadline Jan, implementation July next year - it is happening.

I have saved, thank you Penny...

funnily enough this module for my degree is working in teams, specifically for me, working with childrens centres!

rather than a cc be my agency, I think I might be there agency! lol