PDA

View Full Version : Length of contracts

notts
06-06-2012, 12:29 PM
So some do 12 months, others 6, some even 3. What do you do and why?

Thank you

Pipsqueak
06-06-2012, 12:32 PM
My contracts just run continuosly until they are cancelled.

Unless a client has specified that it is only a 6 week contract for example.

I put a review date on if that is what you mean

loocyloo
06-06-2012, 01:17 PM
My contracts just run continuosly until they are cancelled.

Unless a client has specified that it is only a 6 week contract for example.

I put a review date on if that is what you mean

:D same here!

i put a review date on, but unless a parent reminds me i usually forget. i tell all parents that the contract stands as written and signed until someone changes it and we sign the new contract ( or amended one! )

i had a schoolie mindee whose contract was unchanged for 4 years!

Bridey
06-06-2012, 01:35 PM
:D same here!

i put a review date on, but unless a parent reminds me i usually forget. i tell all parents that the contract stands as written and signed until someone changes it and we sign the new contract ( or amended one! )

i had a schoolie mindee whose contract was unchanged for 4 years!

Me too. Contracts normally only get renewed if there is a change in hours/fees, otherwise they run continuously.

I've worked for some of my families for up to 9 years, the last thing I would want is for them to panic and go elsewhere because they think a contract is about to run out.

BucksCM
06-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't do set contracts either. They sign and I work untill I'm not needed.:D
Mine have lasted for 6, 5, 4, 10 years. Any changes made during that time are duly noted and signed by the parent and me and filed with the original contract.:D

Tazmin68
06-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I do first review after 6 months then do them 12 months. They have been looked at in the past by dw and inspectors so is good practice.

miffy
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I review every 6 months for under 5's and every 12 months for after schoolers but only do new contracts if there are any changes.

Miffy xx

LauraS
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I do first review after 6 months then do them 12 months. They have been looked at in the past by dw and inspectors so is good practice.

I didn't think that Ofsted Inspectors were meant to look at the 'business' side of things - finances, contracts etc. How is that any of their concern?

carol cameron
06-06-2012, 05:59 PM
I renew all my contracts annually in line with the financial year. It gives me chance to review terms and conditions and works for my families who may be claiming tax credits and need up to date stuff for their claims.

notts
07-06-2012, 03:52 PM
My misinterpretation probably, just assummed contract shad to be for a set period but continous with review dates, seems much easier!

miffy
08-06-2012, 09:32 AM

I have only ever showed DW or Inspector a sample contract, my contracts are between the parents and me and nothing to do with anyone else.

Miffy xx