PDA

View Full Version : How far..

Demonjill
06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
...do you travel to parks?

I can walk to one good one in the village and there is another but doesnt have much to do. Kids get bit bored with same parks though - i know i do

The others i have to travel to in car - they are between 6 and 20 miles away

so just wondered how far you all travelled for parks or whether you were lucky to have good ones close by?

kindredspirits
06-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I usually go to our big country park park which is a 10 minute drive away - the local parks are ok but getting to them involves long dark alleyways which I don't like doing being on my own with lots of kids. :thumbsup:

loocyloo
06-06-2012, 08:09 AM
i have a great park across the road. otherwise i drive 5 mins to one, or it must be a good 30 min drive to several others!

kel1983
06-06-2012, 08:19 AM
We are lucky enough to have a great rec ground and play park at the bottom of our road. The children love it.

There is a new park just been built in the town but there is two different aged sections. Not good when you have a mixed age group. And also they have surrounded the toddler climbing frame with a large sand pit which is not good when its rained and useds as a cat litter tray.

Zoomie
06-06-2012, 08:25 AM
LAst response timed out :rolleyes:.

We have a fantastic park with 3 different playgrounds in it, within 10 minutes (toddler) walk away.

Our town also has two other equally good parks (just 1 large playground each) and numerous other playground areas scattered around. Reckon we could easily visit a different one for two whole weeks, but I do get bored, so in the holidays we tend to visit something (at least once a week) about 10-12 miles away.

Today we are visiting a local farm, about 5 miles out of town, but my favourite farm is 30 miles away, and we visited that at Easter.

BucksCM
06-06-2012, 08:40 AM
I worked out that there are 9 parks within 10 miles of me...when I say parks I mean the sort with equipment in. (one is just up the road from me, a 2 min walk) There are also larger "parks" in the area, between 10-30 minutes drive...you know the sort, woods, large open green spaces, maybe a playpark...Black Park, Burnham Beeches, Wendover Woods, Cassiobury Park...there are so many to choose from!! During the school holidays the children choose where to go and if the weathers permits we take a picnic. Good, free fun!!

TooEarlyForGin?
06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
I use different parks dependent upon the children I have with me. Some are really good for older kids and some for younger, so will travel to suit.

rachelle
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
sorrounded by parks here!
one way we have the beach with the beach green play area (personal fav as has tea kisok!), other way we have a huge park but also used by dog walkers so not too much fun and then the 3rd way we have 2 well equipped parks. I go to them all at different times depending on need and age/stage/plans. I don't drive so wouldnt travel just for a park. :)

nannysue
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm fortunate to live within a minutes walk to the sea front..... its a pebble beach, lots of rock pools, a pier
and there is also a big park with swings etc.

We were down at the skate park with scooters at 9.15 this morning :D baby slept the whole time .... all that brisk sea air !!:thumbsup: