PDA

View Full Version : fee's not paid

sharonmanc
06-06-2012, 06:52 AM
HI just a bit of advice, I collect payment by bank transfer so it is instant.
One set of parents, money shows as credited in my account yesterday as promissed.

The second set, there is no payement showing , and they are due this morning after the bank holiday. I have an uneasy feeling about these parents, as Dad just litteraly throws baby at me in the morning and before i can say anything is gone.

I have stipulated in my contract and policies that payment is in advance, no payment no care, and which day money needs to be cleared by. Parents asked to pay every 4 weeks from this week as they now get tax credits, so should have been due on 4th and asked for payemnt to be cleared for this aday , as they would have got tax credits early with it being the bank holiday.

So should have been able to pay over weekend to clear for monday.

Now i am waiting to see if they turn up, and what I should do.

do i teext this morning and say that payment has not cleared, so unable to have their little one until it is done.

do i wait for him to turn up and do the same thing?

or do i say needs to be cleared for this evening or no care tomorrow.

I want to start as i mean to go on, and stick to my policies, but it is easier said than done when it comes to it. But at the same time i cant afford to be slack on the money front as am a single parent, no other income etc

any advice welcomed

Kiddleywinks
06-06-2012, 06:58 AM
I would wait till they turn up, texting is not as professional imo ;)

miffy
06-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Payment might not have cleared because of the Bank Holidays but if you are thinking of refusing care or asking for cash payment today then I would phone parents (sorry, I dislike texts and they could always say they hadn't got it) and tell them or you could end up with a stand off on the doorstep perhaps in front of other parents.

Whether I accepted the child or not would depend on how long I'd cared for them and whether this had happened before.

As a compromise I'd probably ask for payment for today in cash and tell them to sort out the bank transfer today.

Good luck, this is the worst part of the job I think :(

Miffy xx

AliceK
06-06-2012, 07:01 AM
I would grab him at drop-off and say no payment is showing and can he ensure he makes it today so it shows by collection tonight. Then if it isn't you can tell them at collection that unless they bring you cash in the morning you won't be able to have LO tomorrow.

xxxx

sharonmanc
06-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Thanks Ladies, will speak to him on drop off. Dad works in a bank lol. so hopefully it is just an oversight or funds have not cleared.

sharonmanc
06-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Thanks ladies, dad was not bringing little one today, but did not call, have phoned him as did not turn up at drop off, little one has conjunctivitus and they want to keep him home, and were not going to pay me until they next saw me next. But all sorted now, as I explained fee's still needed paying. dad transfered money so all is well ;)