PDA

View Full Version : garden improvements!!

LittleLegsCM
05-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Evening all, hope you've all had a fantastic weekend!

When I registered with Ofsted I asked them to cut off my back garden (as in not to be used) as I wasn't happy with the fencing (sections of it leaning and crumbling) and the concrete pathway was starting to crumble due to the snow at the beginning of the year. I knew if I didnt ask them to do this they would list a load of conditions on it before registering me so it was the lesser of 2 evils!

So work on our garden finally starts on the 18th (you wouldnt believe how excited I am!!) First the fencing is all being replaced, decked patio & pathway being laid the day after and then by the end of the month artifical grass laid :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

My question is when I call Ofsted to advise them Id like to add it on, will they actually come out to inspect it or just ask for risk assessment etc?
I'm asking because I want to be able to use it ASAP with the kiddies and obviously if Ofsted want to come out to view it they may take their time to visit so thinking whether I should call tomorrow and arrange a visit for beginning of July so that they've done it all as soon as its finished OR just leave it and call once its completed (if that makes absolutely any sense! lol)

What do you think? xx

cat lady at 38
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
hi there im glad your excited about getting the garden done, mine was only half done when ofsted came for my pre-reg. i wish at the time i had asked for a condition that it was not to be used until safe, however i told ofsted about what i planned to do, they then sent me a letter saying i had 28 days to do all the work, something i was not prepared for (the letter) as at the time we needed a large amount of panel fencing which we had no money to buy! and very little time to get done,however after scrimping we managed to get the fence and some of the most important bits done within the given time. ofsted did not come out to re inspect it but i did a very detailed plan and list on everything i had done down to the tiniest jobs such as trimming the existing plants back, and sent it back with the return letter. we had to fence off part of our garden and are now trying to work on the unfinished part, which is difficult with this anoying weather, anyway good luck with it all im sure you will enjoy your garden once done x

sarah707
05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
They will usually be fine with a comprehensive risk assessment - however I was told when I made changes that I was not allowed to give children access to the area until it was cleared by Ofsted and my certificate was re-issued.

this meant the children traipsing round the house to get into the garden for 2 weeks because they lost my RAs, photos, application etc...

And the moral of this story is ... always double check with Ofsted before allowing anything.

Hth :D