PDA

View Full Version : working till 9pm OH's worry!!

mushpea
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
ok so my blokes a builder and a typical one at that, oops , not meaning to be stero typical that is lol but he didnt get his beer belly and builders bum from my good cooking :laughing:, anyway I had an enquiry where the mum wants me till 9pm at night,, dosent bother me working this late as my two are still up and little one will probably sleep anyway (8months) but he is worried that he wont be able to have his mandatory can of lager when he has his tea around 8pm.
so my question is as long as I dont drink and the beer is kept out of little ones reach can he still drink when I am working, its not like hes getting totaly drunk, just a lager after work.

Zoomie
05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
I really don't know.

Will mindee be present every evening ?

I suppose Ofsted will be the only ones who can answer the question and it probably needs to be read in conjunction with the new EYFS, which I haven't read word for word yet.

sarah707
05-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I have a vague memory of Ofsted saying no to this... but it was many, many years ago and it is only vague.

I'd give them a call tomorrow and ask the question :D

miss mopple
05-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Sure there is something in EYFS that states children should not be exposed to alcohol at all. May be wrong though

miffy
06-06-2012, 06:53 AM
The EYFS says "when working directly with children, practitioners must not be under the influence of alcohol or any other substance which may affect their ability to care for children."

So I would say it is OK for your hubby to have his can of lager but I would ask him not to have it where the child is.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
06-06-2012, 06:57 AM
its my understanding that no-one should be drinking on the premises when there are minded children present.

mushpea
06-06-2012, 07:16 AM
well I will break it to him gently that he cant have beer or maybe I will sneak cans of non aloholic lager in to the fridge and see what happens :laughing:

Lems
06-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Do you have your whole house registered?? If not could he not sit in another room or relax on the bed maybe until mindee is collected?? x