PDA

View Full Version : Mindee cracks tooth!!!

bourbon11
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi All

Feel absolutely terrible - really need some advice never had anything like this happen before.:panic:

Have been out today at Tilgate park 22month mindee fell whilst walking along pathway and has ended up chipping 1 front tooth and cracking the other, nothing caused her to trip just one of those things I guess. Have been with mum to see out of hours dentist who have said the cracked tooth will need to be removed and the chipped one smoothed. Mum has gone home tonight to have a think about whether she will go for local anaestetic/general/just leave it to come off by itself.

Do I need to inform ofsted/insurance? - accident form all filled out and signed, not sure what else to do.

Thanks in advance
Bourbon11

christine e
05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Oh dear - unfortunately children of this age do seem to have quite a lot of tumbles. I have read through what accidents need reporting and I would say that this one does not need reporting to Ofsted - sure someone else will come along soon with an opinion

Cx

bourbon11
06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Thankyou for your reply Christine - Didnt want to come across as just thinking about myself as I know mindee mum will not be feeling great. Wanted to just make sure that I have done all that is reasonably possible.

Regards
Natalie

Tazmin68
06-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I have a funny feeling that should the child have to have a general anaesthetic you might need to report it to ofsted.
I would call them to cover your back
Debbie
Parents can just turn on you especially if their child gets injured

Pipsqueak
06-06-2012, 12:26 PM
I would ensure that you have record the WHOLE incident from start to finish

Get parent(s) to sign their acknowledgment and give them a copy

I would inform your insurers and also OFsted as a courtesy.

littlecheeks
06-06-2012, 02:04 PM
i would also inform insurance and ofsted just to be sure as they did seek medical advice after accident. try not to feel to bad, kids will be kids!

blue bear
06-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Definetly inform ofsted and insurers, they will open a case as lo has until 21 to sue themselves.