PDA

View Full Version : Parent not paying being late etc.

NicoleW
05-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I've had H now for 8 weeks, first 4 weeks were paid by social services (still not received payment) and since then she pays me a bit here and a bit there, she hasn't paid me for two weeks and owes me £140 she kept saying it was tax credits messing her around etc.

I am literally out of money I have 1p in my bank and we have no food, had to borrow £20 off my step-dad to get a few bits in as this parent promised me that the money goes in tomorrow and she'll pay me everything as she gets it backpayd (okay not parents fault that we're **** out of money).

I just got a phonecall from my parents sister, saying she was taken into hospital on saturday with appendicistic (sp!) and that it'll be her mum dropping off and collecting on wednesday and thursday.

My partner is saying to me to give the mum my invoice addressed to Mum with a letter attached saying that this invoive is due today and must be settled at the latest thursday night otherwise I am unable to provide care for XXXX on friday due to lack of payment." Attaching my bank details.

I feel this is.. harsh but right if you know what I mean. My partner also says to put in there that I will terminate the contract if full payment isn't made within 14 days.

Advice please

Pipsqueak
05-06-2012, 06:39 PM
What IS harsh is that you have worked and not been paid.

It is NOT your problem that TC's haven't paid the client properly - she owes you.

What you need to do is follow your non (late) -payment policy

failing that you need to go two pronged:

a) get on the phone to SS tomorrow morning and speak to the person who initially dealt with and state that you WANT payment in your account by the end of the week otherwise you are proceeding with legal recovery.
You then back all this up in writing and fax (email) it through.
Tell them they are in breech of the contract (did THEY actually sign/make agreement with your for that inital payment?)

b) you have two choices here:

refuse to have the child until full payment is made
or send a letter stating that you giving notice (will reconsider if payment is bought up to date by XX date) from todays date and so on...

NicoleW
05-06-2012, 06:43 PM
I phoned up SS about a week ago and asked if they received my invoice, they said no *rolls eyes* but said if I send another one in they will rush it through and apologised. So I sent one first class last thursday.

Her mum is dropping them off tomorrow so I think I'll give her the invoice to give to Mum in hospital and tell her to tell Mum that it needs paying today otherwise I can't have the boys. Will also write a letter to re-iterate for Mum to read so I know she's received the information.

OR Shall I ring her up now and say that I need payment upfront upon drop off of the boys tomorrow and if I don't I can't care for them?

Pipsqueak
05-06-2012, 06:49 PM
I phoned up SS about a week ago and asked if they received my invoice, they said no *rolls eyes* but said if I send another one in they will rush it through and apologised. So I sent one first class last thursday.

Her mum is dropping them off tomorrow so I think I'll give her the invoice to give to Mum in hospital and tell her to tell Mum that it needs paying today otherwise I can't have the boys. Will also write a letter to re-iterate for Mum to read so I know she's received the information.

OR Shall I ring her up now and say that I need payment upfront upon drop off of the boys tomorrow and if I don't I can't care for them?

With the mum in hospital and seeing as she is (I assume) the signatory on the contract you shouldn't really be discussing the terms of the contract with anyone but her.
So given the situation, I would write a stern, firm, blunt letter and as them to deliver it to her in hospital. I would give to the end of the week - saying so in the letter (this then would account for any operation and anyone relaying information or using her bank card etc) and then 7 working days from tomorrow to bring account up to date PLUS bringing the account into advance fees - which is only what you will accept from now on - advance fees without fail.

NicoleW
05-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Okay I will start on that letter now, will you proof read it for me when I am done?

melco
05-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Do you have NCMA contracts?

If so it also says on there how many days you will allow before chasing for money etc.

Also like another lady said you have a fees policy which they would have read and agreed to.

I know how you feel, I even feel guilty handing an invoice over for payment, but you have to think of yourself and your family and you need paying!!

The Juggler
06-06-2012, 06:50 AM
oh hon, this is a tough one. Normally I'd refuse care until payment up to date but this might land her mum in the position of not being able to work. Pip has given you good advice.

Find out when mum is home from hospital. Chase SS for their payment and put specific dates in your letter to mum about when you expect payment or will cease care.

It is not fair that you are living like this when you have done 8 weeks work for which you are owed.