PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to all my new FB likers!

butterfly
03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who have 'liked' my facebook page 'Play, naturally'. I'm so touched that so many people think my ideas are interesting! I promise lots of new ideas over the next few weeks! If anyone has any questions or wants any advice re Enabling Environments and activities please message me!!

LittleLegsCM
03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the people who have 'liked' my facebook page 'Play, naturally'. I'm so touched that so many people think my ideas are interesting! I promise lots of new ideas over the next few weeks! If anyone has any questions or wants any advice re Enabling Environments and activities please message me!!

Hello lovely, I'm not sure I've liked your page yet. Do you have a link? x

Cariad
03-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Liked!
Thanks for sharing
:)

LittleLegsCM
03-06-2012, 08:47 PM
found it and liked! x

butterfly
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks guys! 82 likers - I'm overwhelmed!!

tashaleee
04-06-2012, 10:00 AM
have found and liked it as well :thumbsup:

shelly2012
04-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Liked and subscribed to your blog:clapping:

Playmate
04-06-2012, 10:12 PM
You are welcome, thank you for sharing :D

Wheelybug
05-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Oooh a fellow blogger, off to check out your blog now!

Baildon bears
05-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I found your website really interesting :), I am curious do you do themed planning or just sensory play. I have lots of little ones also and do a lot of sensory play. I also love playing in rice, so relaxing :D

BuggsieMoo
05-06-2012, 06:40 PM
And me x Will read more in depth later on when I have a bit more time x

butterfly
05-06-2012, 08:21 PM
I found your website really interesting :), I am curious do you do themed planning or just sensory play. I have lots of little ones also and do a lot of sensory play. I also love playing in rice, so relaxing :D

No I rarely do 'themed planned' unless the sensory/heuristic ideas I have fit a theme very clearly. This past week I have planned lots of sensory activities based around red, white and blue for the jubilee but only because it worked so seemlessly.

All my resources are recycled or open-ended items - not bought toys

I always offer some sort of heuristic/sensory offering as well.

VeggieSausage
05-06-2012, 08:44 PM
On a typical day what do you have out for the children to play with?.....really interested in this line of play :)

butterfly
05-06-2012, 09:21 PM
On a typical day what do you have out for the children to play with?.....really interested in this line of play :)

My continuous play (always available in small baskets on a book shelf) consists of:
sorting/matching
treasure basket
instruments
blocks
vehicles
selection of discovery bottles
people/animals
basket of soft toys
books

(some of these will be replaced with more heuristic/openended resources over the next few months as i take away all commercial toys)

I also put out two 'play invitations' every day - sometimes together, sometimes one first and then another later

these may be:

sensory - sand, water, salt, messy play etc
heuristic - discovery bottles, sensory rail
art/craft materials

these invitations depend on the age/stage of the children attending

The Juggler
06-06-2012, 06:42 AM
My continuous play (always available in small baskets on a book shelf) consists of:
sorting/matching
treasure basket
instruments
blocks
vehicles
selection of discovery bottles
people/animals
basket of soft toys
books

(some of these will be replaced with more heuristic/openended resources over the next few months as i take away all commercial toys)

I also put out two 'play invitations' every day - sometimes together, sometimes one first and then another later

these may be:

sensory - sand, water, salt, messy play etc
heuristic - discovery bottles, sensory rail
art/craft materials

these invitations depend on the age/stage of the children attending

hi hon, I'm still not getting blog updates by e-mail. should I re-register?

butterfly
06-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Oh dear Juggler sorry - I haven't updated the blog for about a week but maybe try reregistering. In the meantime check out my facebook page as that is updated more regularly with ideas.

md0u0131
15-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Can I just say, I'm so glad I am a) a member of this forum and b) know about your FB page Butterfly. You have really inspired me and I am slowly purging the commercial toys. My three this afternoon (age 4, 3 and 2) have happily played calmly with a tin of buttons, a basket of seashells and some small wooden letters. we've done all sorts and had so many conversations about it all and far more interesting observations.

In the past "free play" would have involved them flitting between one plastic toy to the next with no real interaction.

Thank you!

ceb99
15-06-2012, 05:22 PM
A great facebook page! Some lovely ideas, very inspirational. I have told all my childminder friends to check it out :)

FussyElmo
15-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Its a lovely page thank you for sharing :thumbsup:

Two Princesses
15-06-2012, 06:31 PM
I 'liked' too and am going to steal some of your fabulous ideas if that's ok ;)

watgem
15-06-2012, 07:14 PM
thank you Butterfly i love your page its inspirational, I have showed it to my hubby to reassure him that I can make our living room look less like a toy shop:)

butterfly
15-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Thank you so much guys! I've been overwhelmed with the support - I now have over 300 likers which is amazing!

I've received some fantastic comments and it's really becoming a place where people share their ideas so please feel free to try out my ideas and share your own!

kat27
15-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I love your page... some really good ideas :)

Annelize
15-06-2012, 09:22 PM

Liked your page. Hope its the correct one as you now have 340 likes :-D
I have a box filled with lots of everyday stuff, empty containers etc and was very disappointed when the older school age children weren't interested at all. However I will not give up and will use some of your ideas to try and make it more interesting. I'm busy collecting plastic bottles to make some sensory bottles.