PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

Katiekoo
03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi all,
I am hoping to move house in the next few months, no date yet but everything else is falling into place now. We are moving just to the other side of town, not far.
How long after the move can I start minding?
I was told Ofsted probably won't come out to see the house, but I can get risk assessments set up quite quickly. I can book a week off as holiday but I want to minimise inconvenience to parents having to take time off.
One of my full time Mindees parents offered me use of their home - nice and safe and just round the corner from new house, I babysat there before - if it takes longer than a week or so.
Can I do that?
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

sprinkles
03-06-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure how long it will take as I'm in Scotland. I wouldn't have thought you'd be able to use someone else's house as it's not been inspected etc.

Sure someone will be along with more advice soon though.

Katiekoo
03-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Isn't care in the child's home classed differently to childminding though? I can't think - head fuzzy from move paperwork!

kindredspirits
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
i'm moving next week - i emailed ofsted my new address and moving date and they said they'll issue a new certificate from the monday after i move! :thumbsup:

Katiekoo
03-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh, that's good! I hope mine will go that smoothly :)
Thanks for that - most reassuring!

sprinkles
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Isn't care in the child's home classed differently to childminding though? I can't think - head fuzzy from move paperwork!

Ah I thought you meant you were going to be looking after other people's children at the other house too. If it's just their child you're looking after I can't imagine it would be a problem.

Helen79
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
I moved in March, I phoned ofsted a few weeks before and gave them the date and they sent a new certificate for the day I moved. I didn't take any time off, I still had the kids the day of the move, just took them out for a day trip and then moved all our stuff in the evening ready to work the next day. It was a bit hectic for a few days but it meant I didn't lose any wages and parents still had childcare.

Katiekoo
03-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow Helen, that's amazing!

Katiekoo
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Ah I thought you meant you were going to be looking after other people's children at the other house too. If it's just their child you're looking after I can't imagine it would be a problem.

Yeah, I think there's only one family that would find it really difficult to take time off so it would just be their one child. Sorry didn't make it clear!

BlondeMoment
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm glad you asked because we're currently house hunting and will obviously need to move soon. Think I'll take a week off to get moved in before having the littlies too lol!

Ali56
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I moved in March, I phoned ofsted a few weeks before and gave them the date and they sent a new certificate for the day I moved. I didn't take any time off, I still had the kids the day of the move, just took them out for a day trip and then moved all our stuff in the evening ready to work the next day. It was a bit hectic for a few days but it meant I didn't lose any wages and parents still had childcare.

I did this too-OFSTED were great, we ended up moving all in a bit of a rush, they e-mailed forms to me, I filled them out and e-mailed them back the same day. I moved on the Saturday and was working again Monday! OFSTED told me so long as your details are changed online then there is no need to wait for the paper certificate. I checked my OFSTED report online and it was all done! I only moved to the next village and all my little ones stayed. I did have one mum who had just returned to work after mat leave and would have struggled to sort childcare for her LO's if I'd had to have time off.