PDA

View Full Version : Would you wait?

sprinkles
03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Current timescale is about 3 months for registration so I've been told I should hopefully be registered by the end of August. We're moving at some point after the end of September but are buying a house so will have to go through everything with that before moving. Hoping to be moved by Christmas though. Would you wait til moved to start minding? We're not far from where we're moving to so I could pick kids up from there instead of getting kids in this area and only being able to have them for a few months.

Hope that makes sense. Would you start advertising as soon as registered or wait until moved? I'm not sure how long it takes to be able to start minding again once moved?

VINASOL
03-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Current timescale is about 3 months for registration so I've been told I should hopefully be registered by the end of August. We're moving at some point after the end of September but are buying a house so will have to go through everything with that before moving. Hoping to be moved by Christmas though. Would you wait til moved to start minding? We're not far from where we're moving to so I could pick kids up from there instead of getting kids in this area and only being able to have them for a few months.

Hope that makes sense. Would you start advertising as soon as registered or wait until moved? I'm not sure how long it takes to be able to start minding again once moved?

If it were me, I'd probably wait until I was moved/settled into the new house (if your finances can allow of course). Less pressure getting everything sorted whilst minding (but house moving for me is stressful lol)...Good luck though :)

sprinkles
03-06-2012, 01:01 PM
If it were me, I'd probably wait until I was moved/settled into the new house (if your finances can allow of course). Less pressure getting everything sorted whilst minding (but house moving for me is stressful lol)...Good luck though :)

Haha yeah is pretty stressful! Thankfully we've got plenty people on hand to help. Also we can stay here til we're moved so technically we could have new house ready to move in to as we won't be taking much from here, buying lots of new stuff.

Just thought I'd be able to mind here until new house was ready as we can get it all ready while we're still living here. We've got a tenancy here til beginning of December anyway then it goes on to month to month. So really we've got at least 2 months to buy the house and have it ready to move in to.

My way of thinking was I can mind here until the new house has been inspected and then move out. Not sure though. It would depend on if I can get work too - I have a job just now that I won't give up until I've got mindees lined up.

pinkellifun
03-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I have been through this myself. I started the process in Sept 2011 and in November decided to move. Go forward 4 months and end of Feb finally managed to move into the house. I'm glad I waited because I was able to get everything sorted before having to worry about any children being around.

You really need to do whats best for you. if you can see it working and can make sure your moving won't affect the mindees then I can't see any reason why you couldn't start now.

x

sprinkles
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I have been through this myself. I started the process in Sept 2011 and in November decided to move. Go forward 4 months and end of Feb finally managed to move into the house. I'm glad I waited because I was able to get everything sorted before having to worry about any children being around.

You really need to do whats best for you. if you can see it working and can make sure your moving won't affect the mindees then I can't see any reason why you couldn't start now.

x

I won't be registered until end of August at the earliest so am trying to work things out.

The good thing is I could mind at our current house and just keep the tenancy until the new house is ready and inspected. We have to give 2 months notice anyway which we won't do until we have secured a house so we then have those 2 months to get the house sorted and inspected.

I think I need to wait until I'm registered as then hopefully we'll have more idea about when we're moving. It may also take a while for me to get work anyway.

miffy
03-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd wait until you're registered then look at it again. It might be easier to wait until you move into your new house (less stress and no worry about keeping work once you've moved) but only you can decide that.

Miffy xx

mushpea
03-06-2012, 04:16 PM
there are people that get jobs just to help them for christmas so you could advertise for those people and I would advertise anyway then just be honest with people,, somone might be happy with that situation and you might be on somones route to work who will be living near you so currently they could drop off on their way then when you move they could drop off to you aswell.