PDA

View Full Version : can you mind while waiting to reg?

Annie_T
05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
i have a 6month baby in line up mother wants get to work asap - job lined up just on her say so (nice boss huh) but can i mind him while im waiting on ofsted etc? .. he is a friend child and im the only person she trusts to have him !!!!

can i still charge her for it if i allowed to mind him?

where i use to live my mates kids went to a woman who was waiting to reg etc but she couldnt pay her . or a lot anyhow (soemthing like that)

i know we wont have a contract, etc til i am reg'ed

help soemone lol

thank you x

Blaze
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately not...you cannot mind until you have your reg certificate & insurance...you could however look after the child as a friend (so no monies or reward can change hands) until your regstration comes through to secure the business! Sorry!

tulip0803
05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
i have a 6month baby in line up mother wants get to work asap - job lined up just on her say so (nice boss huh) but can i mind him while im waiting on ofsted etc? .. he is a friend child and im the only person she trusts to have him !!!!

can i still charge her for it if i allowed to mind him?

where i use to live my mates kids went to a woman who was waiting to reg etc but she couldnt pay her . or a lot anyhow (soemthing like that)

i know we wont have a contract, etc til i am reg'ed

help soemone lol

thank you x

The rules are that if you care for a child in your own home for more than 2 hours a day you cannot receive payment or reward (not even a box of choccies) unless you are a registered childminder.

You can look after the child but no money can change hands, even when you are registered, for the period that you were not registered OR you can care for the child in the parents home and get paid because you are then a babysitter. If OFSTED get wind that you are minding pre-reg it could scupper your chance of registering and you could be fined.

When I originally registered I nearly ended up caring from the parents home but my certificate arrived on the Fri and Mum started work on the Mon.

Blaze
05-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Beat me to it...i was coming back to add to my post, but you've already put what i was going to!:thumbsup:

tulip0803
05-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Beat me to it...i was coming back to add to my post, but you've already put what i was going to!:thumbsup:

You got there 1st with the 1st bit cos I was taking sooooooooooooo long to type and then check to make sure that I was not typing nonsence as usual:laughing:

Blaze
05-06-2008, 11:24 PM
:laughing:

Annie_T
06-06-2008, 08:46 AM
thank you all

so if i got this right i can have the child but i can not be paid for it in anyway.

angeldelight
06-06-2008, 08:47 AM
That is right Annie

Angel xx

berkschick
06-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Even then I would think VERY carefully about doing it, even for free.

What if the child had an accident?

You are not insured until you are registered.

And what about first aid?

You may well of not been on the first aid course until you are registered either.

Lots of points to consider, particularly as the LO is a young baby.

Annie_T
06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Even then I would think VERY carefully about doing it, even for free.

What if the child had an accident?

You are not insured until you are registered.

And what about first aid?

You may well of not been on the first aid course until you are registered either.

Lots of points to consider, particularly as the LO is a young baby.

yea this has played on my mind, i am bookign my first aid course up nxt week if i can get one local.

i may sit at hers until i sorted but then it still on my mind witht the what if's

JazzyL
06-06-2008, 09:26 AM
If it was me - I would do it at her house if you make sure the mum is aware that you are not a registered childminder and you are doing it purely as a favour to help out. Only you will know what you feel comfortable doing really. Before I registered I was always the first port-of-call for anyone needing a lo looking after and always said yes, the difference is that now i charge, friends don't need their little ones looking after as much :rolleyes: (wonders why)

disney
06-06-2008, 12:36 PM
i had this problem when i first statrted minding i was waiting on my registration and mum wanted me to start her job and me to have her dd before but i had to tell mum that she would have to get someone else or family to take care of her and i rang her as soon as it came . we had to wait 2 weeks but i felt it was the safest way :thumbsup:

Blaze
06-06-2008, 12:40 PM
I feel that I must add that on my very first day I had to resusitate an 8 month old baby!:eek: (he was fine ).. i look after him to this day...but had i taken him early as the mum had wanted...I dread to think if things hadn't turned out as well as they did!:panic:

katickles
06-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I really wouldn't recommend that you care even at there house until you are registered.

I agree with birkschick, anything could happen & it would be s**s law that it would just because you don't have your registration through.

I understand that it will be hard, but for the sake of a few weeks it wouldn't be worth it if there were a problem.

Anyway - if she can go back when she wants - a couple of weeks won't make that much difference. :)

berkschick
06-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I feel that I must add that on my very first day I had to resusitate an 8 month old baby!:eek: (he was fine ).. i look after him to this day...but had i taken him early as the mum had wanted...I dread to think if things hadn't turned out as well as they did!:panic:

How scarey!

:clapping: :clapping: Well done to you though.

I just couldnt and wouldnt risk it, you really need that first aid training. In fact, I think ALL parents should have to go!