PDA

View Full Version : Chickenpox

Tazmin68
02-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi my youngest son has come down with chicken pox. He had one blister on Thursday on his foot which I thought was his shoes. He was sick and under weather and had 2 more spots yesterday. Fortunately I was not working yesterday. Today he is breaking out everywhere. I am supposed to be working Wednesday which day do I class as day 5 or 6 so I can work.

mrs robbie williams
02-06-2012, 08:59 AM
I dont think there is a set time limit, i thought it was when every spot has crusted over and then its not contagious :thumbsup:

QualityCare
02-06-2012, 09:07 AM
As above, there is no time limit with chicken pox as the spots are so random you have to wait until the last spot has crusted over for him to not be contagious, if you are willing to work and the parents want to send their children to you and they have not had chicken pox l would get them to sign a form saying they are knowingly and willingly sending their child to you whilst you have chicken pox on the premises.

Cammie Doodle
06-06-2012, 08:30 AM
I have just attended an infection control evening and the latest advise is 5 days from the onset and as long as the child is not poorly in themselves they can return to school/ nursery .

Tazmin68
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Hi
He is now fine just spotty. I have one mindee today who has had chicken pox 2 others decided not to come as the spots have not all crusted over only about 5 percent left. Well over 5 days rest of children back tomorrow