PDA

View Full Version : Chickenpox

Tazmin68
02-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi my youngest son has come down with chicken pox. He had one blister on Thursday on his foot which I thought was his shoes. He was sick and under weather and had 2 more spots yesterday. Fortunately I was not working yesterday. Today he is breaking out everywhere. I am supposed to be working Wednesday which day do I class as day 5 or 6 so I can work.

sarah707
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
You should wait until the spots are scabbed over... and it depends on how he is feeling, he might be bright as a button or might just want mum.

Some parents are happy to send their children if they've already had CP or if they want them to get it - but if you are going to offer this as an option make sure they know they are taking a week off if their child gets it!!

Hope your lo doesn't suffer too badly xx

Debster
02-06-2012, 09:21 AM
IF the parents are ok with it I would work anyway unless your little one needs TLC my friend had a chicken pox outbrake and when her inspector called she told her she was working still and the inspector was fine with it as she said it was up to her and the parents if she wanted to work the inspector decided not to come for fear of passing it on but came a week later and she got a good grade the other children may have had it anyway

Chimps Childminding
02-06-2012, 09:42 AM
We were on an infection control course last week, and the ruling now is 5 days from the onset of the rash - no mention of them being scabbed over which what they used to say!! But only return if they are "well enough" in themselves!!

gigglinggoblin
02-06-2012, 09:45 AM
When my kids got it I gave parents the option of sending their children but with the understanding that they couldnt come if they got it. Everyone sent them and no one caught it for some reason. If he isnt well enough to cope with the little ones being around that would mean more than what day we were on. Hope he feels better soon.

Tazmin68
02-06-2012, 09:57 AM
He is fine in himself just has big bro dragging him to me to put lotion on any new eruption.

Chimps Childminding
02-06-2012, 10:45 AM
He is fine in himself just has big bro dragging him to me to put lotion on any new eruption.

Bless him!! I popped round to see a mindee who went down with it on Thursday, bless her she is really uncomfortable, got it really bad round her bottom and bits and is really sore :( felt so sorry for her, she didn't know what to do with herself (she is 2 1/2) and just kept crying while I was there!

miffy
03-06-2012, 04:55 PM

I'd contact parents and see what they say but just make sure they are clear about the rules if their own child comes down with it

Miffy xx