PDA

View Full Version : CRINGE!!!!!!!!!!

stargazer1
02-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Mindee left raincoat here yesterday, I messaged mum and said I was passing today and would drop it in. So imagine my embarrassment when this morning at 8.15 the doorbell goes, I guess its the postman as I'm waiting for a parcel, open the door and mindees Dad is stood there, picking up said coat! I'm in my PJs, unshowered, no makeup, hair like a birds nest! :eek::eek:Jeepers, are we allowed no time in "slob in my own house" mode! I'm up, showered, dressed, make up and hair done, by 7.30 every week day, hope the flip do I manage to get caught out on a weekend! Better make sure I get up at 6.30 every single day of the week and bank hols just in case :laughing:

winstonian
02-06-2012, 08:32 AM
If it makes you feel better one of my mindees dads is the postman - last Saturday morning when I'd just got out of the bath and was wearing just a towel he came to deliver a parcel. My wonderful DS aged * shouted "It's XXs dad, I'll let him in". Gee thanks babe - lovely conversation and handover of parcel in our small hallway with me in a towel!!!!!

little chickee
02-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Thats a bit early to knock someones door at the weekend. What if you were having a lie in?

~Chelle~
02-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Thats a bit early to knock someones door at the weekend. What if you were having a lie in?

That's what I thought, I would have still been in bed:blush:

A bit cheeky that they A, never text to see if ok and B, you had already said you would be dropping it off! x

miffy
03-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I think that's rude, calling so early without ringing to see if it's OK - maybe they thought they were saving you the trouble of dropping it off :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

stargazer1
04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
I was just a little put out that it caused me to feel embarrassed in my own home. I think tbh sometimes parents forget we are off duty sometimes and actually live here!