PDA

View Full Version : Napping issue?

lucyD
02-06-2012, 07:28 AM
I only reg my downstairs as to be honest didn't want childminding to take over the whole house! I currently put travel cot in the dining room for my friends LO who I don't charge for, as I have no mindees yet. but she doesn't seem to like napping there..? too noisy or light. but she did nap in the spare room upstairs. Now I am wondering if I ought to call ofsted, RA all upstairs & just reg all areas........ thing is do you need stairgates on all doors in case a little one can climb out of cot? Not sure what to do?
How have you all got on with napping & have you reg all rooms?

chattercat
02-06-2012, 07:33 AM
When I first registered I asked just for certain rooms and the inspector told me they register the whole house and it's up to me what rooms I use.

Give them a ring on Wednesday and ask for a variation form and you can add the other rooms you want to use. It's quite easy to fill in.

I do have a stairgate at the top of the stairs as well.

lucyD
02-06-2012, 09:21 AM
When I first registered I asked just for certain rooms and the inspector told me they register the whole house and it's up to me what rooms I use.

Give them a ring on Wednesday and ask for a variation form and you can add the other rooms you want to use. It's quite easy to fill in.

I do have a stairgate at the top of the stairs as well.

Thanks will do that then, would be nice to have the choice & like you say I dont have to use them.

Will they come & check them do you know or will I send them my RA

Cheers

chattercat
02-06-2012, 10:35 AM
They don't come out and check. The RA is part of the variation form, you do it all yourself.

lucyD
02-06-2012, 06:00 PM
They don't come out and check. The RA is part of the variation form, you do it all yourself.

FAB!!!!!!! Thanks for that :clapping: