PDA

View Full Version : Emergency CM and fees

EmmaReed84
01-06-2012, 11:10 AM
My MIL is my emergency CM as well as two others. However MIL has recently lost her twin EY children and is not looking to replace them for a while (recovering :laughing:) I have two EY siblings. Mum lives with partner in our area, but her closest relative lives over an hour away so if I need time off she has to call her Mum to come and stay, so now MIL is free we have agreed that she will take over care when I cannot, which Mum is more than happy with... Just a few questions...

Would it be advisable for MIL to fill in a Ad-Hoc care contract for when I am on me jollies and Mum cannot get the time off.

Also how do we arrange payment? Does Mum not pay me and just pays MIL direct? Mum pays me as usual and I pay MIL? What about if I am off due to sickness for a day or so... how do you sort out fees between yourself, parent and emergency minder?

cathtee
01-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Hiya, I would say yes an ad-hoc contract would be the right way to go, with all the relevent permission forms aswell. This covers her for insurance etc. I think best way for the fees is for lo mom to pay your MIL direct otherwise it gets messy on your accounts as income and the outgoings, I hope this helps :)

miffy
03-06-2012, 05:07 PM
I think it would be easier if your mum made payment direct to your mil and left you out of it

Miffy xx