PDA

View Full Version : LOST MINDEE....

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Evening all,
its been a long day today, One of my mindees thats walks/buses home after school aged 12 didnt turn up today i was worried sick... i followed my procedures an policys called his home first no answer, called mum to inform her my partner goes out in the car to drive the way he might have walked but should have been on bus...

Mum is now worried sick leaves work and phones round friends one says her son went to the libaray after school so he might have gone there well he wasnt there nor had he been..

Mum gets home and he is sat on the sofa watching tv.........

The phone had been unplugged by the older brother something to do with the internet...

So we were all really glad he was safe he had forgot he was coming to me he thought his dad was runing late to pick him up...

He is safe and well thats the main thing
My procedure worked mum was happy with the way i handled things i was so worried it doesnt take two mins to snatch a child no mtter what age

Pipsqueak
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
I can imagine the sickening feeling you must have had. Glad he was safe and sound but I bet he wondered what all the fuss was about.

Thats great that you procedure worked well. I'd note it down (incident report) and how well your procedure worked, response of parents - get them to sign if possible. Great evidence for you (with a thankfully good outcome).

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh i never even gave that a thought.......

Where should i put it????
Ive never had an incindent?? is there a specific form i need to fill out?

Pipsqueak
05-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Do you have the NCMA Accident, Meds and Incident forms? If not just write it up, sign it and get parents to sign.

carolinel
05-06-2008, 09:14 PM
omg how worrying for you all.

glad all was ok in the end!!

sarah707
05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Oh poor you! I can imagine how you must have felt!

It's good to know your emergency procedure went to plan though - something positive to relate to ofsted as well...

Congratulations you for handling it so well :D

katickles
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
That would have been really scary.

I'm pleased that he was home safe & well & also that your P&P's worked so well.

Great advice from Pipsqueak given :)

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes i do have the NCMA med book ive had to fill that in a few time well twice...
I shall go get it out now and fill it in thank you xx

caza
05-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Poor you it must have been awful :panic: Really glad that everything turned out well for you all.

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh poor you! I can imagine how you must have felt!

It's good to know your emergency procedure went to plan though - something positive to relate to ofsted as well...

Congratulations you for handling it so well :D

I had no choice but to handle it well mum was going spare i had to keep her calm it was an hour and half before we found him and he is also autistic so mum was worried about that too not havin his meds on time ect..

Pipsqueak
05-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Every parent and carers worst nightmare. I am full of admiration for you for handling it so well.:clapping: :clapping:

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Every parent and carers worst nightmare. I am full of admiration for you for handling it so well.:clapping: :clapping:

Thank you Hun xx

angeldelight
05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Well done to you

Glad he was ok

Angel xx

Cazz
05-06-2008, 09:36 PM
It's a parent/carer's worst nightmare - glad it was a happy outcome. :thumbsup:

Carole x

charleyfarley
05-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Well done you for handling it so well :clapping: :clapping:

Carol xx

tulip0803
05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
What a nightmare:eek: . You handled it really well:)

kerry
06-06-2008, 06:58 AM
cor i was worried just reading about it. well done you though. :clapping:

emler
06-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Well done you - that must have been scary. Glad he was ok

Emler x

disney
06-06-2008, 07:36 AM
that must have been real scary . still alls well and i think you need a pat on yhe back for hadling it in such a good way :thumbsup: x

foxy lady
06-06-2008, 07:43 AM
omg every childminders worst nightmare, sounds like you delt with it really well and very professionally. have a glass of wine and give yourself a pat on the back
well done you

susi513
06-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Glad he was fine, what a relief! Its a horrible feeling when they're missing. It happened to me as well when a child got off the school bus from a trip and went straight home. As arranged with mum as it turned out but she forgot to tell me or the school so I'd been waiting on school grounds for nearly hour waiting for the bus to get back from the trip unnecessarily. One of the teachers went for a drive round to look for him, we searched the school etc. Voicemail/answerphones on all the contact nos. One problem was that several children claimed to have seen him in various places. Eventually I got an answer from the home phone as nan was home and he'd arrived independently.

I use my own incident forms. Just a basic A4 page:

Childs Name:
DOB:

Date of Incident:
Place where incident occurred:

Description of circumstances leading to incident:

Action Taken:

Then table for signatures
1. Childminder Signature & Date
2. Witness to Incident (If applicable, name, address sig & date)
3. Person authorised to collect child sig & date
4. Parent received copy sig & date

NB 3. is a bit tricky because some incidents might need to be explained to preschool, grandparent or who-ever you are handing over to, eg if child is shaken up, upset or behaviour might be affected by the incident. However, some incidents don't need to be discussed with 3rd parties and due regard to confidentiality must be given.

I use the incident forms for anything that might give rise to a future complaint, or anywhere the behaviour of the child is worrying or if they've caused damage to property or injury to another child.

JazzyL
06-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I have drawn up something similar, Susi513 :)

Banana
06-06-2008, 11:06 AM
How stressful!!

Glad it all turned out ok though

xx

mrsb
06-06-2008, 07:45 PM
omg how scary:eek: I'd have a glass of wine now if I were you:laughing: well done for staying calm :)

breezy
06-06-2008, 08:57 PM
well done for handling the situation so well and calmly, now poor yourself a brandy and pat yourself soundly on the back :)