PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

karen m
31-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Parent pays half fees when on holiday,pays half when am on holiday, now parent had holidays in April but told me in last week she was moving hopefully before September ,today collects lo and say "got my new flat ,will bring notice letter tomorrow" now do i ask for the half fees she should pay when i go on holiday 2 days after her notice ends or just let it go. Any thoughts will be appreciated,thank you

miffy
31-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't think you can ask for half fees for your holidays as you are taking them after the contract ends.

Miffy xx

mushpea
31-05-2012, 07:26 PM
surley if the noticed period has ended you cant ask her for any fees?

funemnx
31-05-2012, 08:12 PM
I know where you're coming from though, she's had her half fees and you haven't had yours? Feels a bit unfair, perhaps have a re-think to see if you can prevent this happening in the future.... xx

rickysmiths
01-06-2012, 09:06 AM
If you allow parents so many weeks half fee holiday over a year and they have taken more than they have accrued before they are due to leave then in theory you could calculate the difference and add it to the fees due before the Contract ends and inform them when you reply to the notice letter. On the same basis you could work out you 'accrued, holiday to the time of the contract end and see if they will pay for it. If you have not written it into you fees policy as a calculation then if they pay good but if they won't you may not be able to insist.

May I ask why you give your parents half fee holidays? They will have paid holiday an if they choose not to go away when you are away and they are paying half fee then that is their choice.

JCrakers
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't charge but I would change my policy.

Full fees for their hols and free for mine. Works well for me :D