PDA

View Full Version : Do you give parents something to sign to confirm they are aware of your time off?

Tippy Toes
31-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi All

I sent letters out to all my parents to advice them of 2 weeks I am having off in June.

Anyways most parents remember, others don't :(

Ive just reminded one of the mum's that I will be off and she said:
'oh really? What 2 weeks?' to which I replied
yes, remember that letter I gave you?
Her reply 'Yeah - I opened it and thought I would look at it later.'

Makes me feel bad, even though I have given about 6 weeks notice...so it got me thinking, maybe I should have a slip at the bottom of the letters I send out re holidays for parents to sign to confirm they are aware of the dates I'm closed? Do any of you do this?

Thanks all xx

Bridey
31-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Yes I do! And I send them reminder texts nearer the time too!

Its always best to cover yourself with a parent's signature - just in case they deny getting the notice from you.

BuggsieMoo
31-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I do this, I also put it on newsletters, write it in diaries and remind them nearer the time both verbally and another little note. I still have parents 'forget' but tough, I always give lots of notice. I don't get paid for my time off and I very infrequently request it.

xx

melco
31-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I do too!!

I have a holiday notification form that I have a copy of and so do they. It has the time I am off, the date they were informed which they sign and I sign, then at the bottom it gives them space to put the dates they are away and again date was informed and space for signatures for me and them.

At least then if they query it I have proof that I told them because they signed!!!

rickysmiths
31-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I do a letter in late Jan early Feb and I have a copy which I get them to sign to say they have received and thats it. Then as I use the NCMA Attendance Register I mark off my holiday when it is due so they see that nearer the time. I don't constantly remind. the parents are adults i give the notice in writing and it is up to them to organise themselves.

I never feel guilty or bad about taking my holiday any more than the parents do taking theirs. I work 60+ hours a week, seven days a week at present so I earn my holiday. :thumbsup:

mushpea
31-05-2012, 04:52 PM
they sign for all letters i give them so they cant aruge that they havent recived them.
I give the parents a copy of the letter then have my own copy with the childrens names on and they each sign under the childs name to agree they have recived it. I also put on my main letter 'please sign below your childs name to confirm you have recived a copy of this letter'

winstonian
31-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I put them on the notice board, on newsletters and in the front of everyones daily diaries

miffy
31-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't get them to sign anything but I do put holiday dates in newsletters and tell them and a week before I put a notice up in the hall so they see it when they come in.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
31-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't but think I should do as parents have turned up when I'm on holiday before.

carol cameron
01-06-2012, 06:52 AM
I have forgetful parents too ! Despite two letters, three texts and several conversations I STILL had a mum say to me the night before my Graduation " Oh, I haven't sorted anything out yet...."
I just laughed and said good luck with that !:laughing:

Tippy Toes
01-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks to everyone for replying.

I will definately be changing the way I notify parents of my upcoming hols.

Bridey
01-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I contacted all of my parents again last night to remind them I had an afternoon off today. Glad I did, one family had forgotten!