PDA

View Full Version : Little rant

melco
31-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I have just had a child picked up and I had a few things for her to sign but I am a bit annoyed with her reaction to this so just wanted to have a little rant on here!!:angry:

I picked her son up from Nursery and he had a bruise on his face, his mum had text me to let me know how he hurt himself but when she came to collect I asked her to fill in a form to say that the injury did not occur when he was in my care. She seemed miffed by this, and I explained that I need to do it and she filled it in. Then I asked her to sign the register and she said that it states that she was 5 minutes late, I said its not a problem that is just when her child left my care and that it does not change the price or the hours in the contract, also he was dropped off 5 minutes late so he was with me for the right hours, but again she seemed miffed by this, then lastly I gave her an invoice for this month and she had a little moan that she got it on the day it was due to be paid, maybe I could have given it to her sooner but I always got my invoice at the end of the month. I just want to make sure that I am doing everything right. Do you think I am being unreasonable? And should I be upset by her questioning everything?

Thanks - rant over!!

Bridey
31-05-2012, 02:30 PM
I don't see anything to be upset over. There is no harm in her questioning why we do things a particular way, she's not accusing you of anything. I try to hand out my invoices a week before they are due so the parents have time to look over them and prepare payment.

Go and have a cup of tea and don't stress :)

Goatgirl
31-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Hi,
NO, you've done nothing wrong. Some parents are just defensive about paperwork that they see as critical of them personally , although it isn't at all - we just have to cover ourselves! I always say 'I know its a pain, but them's the rules' and blame Ofsted or my Insurance provider ;). That way its like me and the parents vs 'them'!

I try to give invoices at the optimum time depending on each parents' 'ways': some need a week to have enough 'warning' but for others its a bit too long so I aim for 2/3 days before. Then I'll txt on the actual day " just to politely remind you that fees of £x are due today" for those who need it. :thumbsup:

Maybe just give Mum the invoice earlier next month so she knows you've taken her comment on board, though it would have been nice for her to ask, instead of make a sarky comment. Surely she knows when its due and could have asked for the amount earlier if she needed it :rolleyes:

Up to you how you do things though obviously :). Try to let it roll over you: her attitude is really her problem.

best wishes,
Wendy :)

Good luck