PDA

View Full Version : Big Announcement?

Lady Haha
31-05-2012, 07:52 AM
The Nick Clegg one yesterday.....was that it? It was just about the two year old funding? Nothing about deregulation or anything like that?

I'm still up in the air then! I only care for schoolies, so the two year old funding thing doesn't apply to me (unless they can some how 'force' me to take one in the same way grandparents can only register if they look after other children alongside their grandchildren).:panic:

I do think we are seeing the bigger picture now though. It looks like they want to increase the ratio for under 5s so that all these funded two year olds have some where to go!

And because they are funded, it would be so much easier for the government to give an agency the funding and let them to the hard work of paying it to the childminders, rather than dealing with each individual childminder them selves.

Penny1959
31-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Clegg did meet with childcare provider respresentatives yesterday am - including NCMA and PLA - although was about 2 year funding - I hope the issue of deregulation came up.

However we are not expecting any thing about deregulation - although would be nice if government would say SOMETHING

Penny :)

Mouse
31-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I thought yesterday's big announcement was a big anticlimax :rolleyes:

The news reports in the morning were all taking about "big shake up in childcare", but that actually equated to parents being able to drop their children off earlier at nursery and spread the care over 2 days instead of 3.

I noticed it had even slipped out of the news by lunchtime.

Penny, I could not agree more - I wish we could have some official comments on deregulation and future plans. We are being told absolutely nothing :panic: