PDA

View Full Version : where do i stand if...

lulubelle
31-05-2012, 07:07 AM
pita parents refuse to sign my notice letter? i gave notice on monday but i stupidly but last day as 26th may instead of june so they handed it back tues and said it was invalid, i redone it for tuesday but they have since not given it back. Does it still count? parents have been very shirty since then and i really cant cope having to work with them any longer than i need too!

Pipsqueak
31-05-2012, 07:11 AM
There are special circumstances where you can give immediate notice - check your insurance and contracts.

So are they refusing to accept that you are giving notice or they are refusing to accept notice seeing as you put the wrong date on?
I would reissue notice from Mondays date..... and if they don't accept it - tough - you do not have to have them in your home.

REMEMBER this is YOUR home... I would be telling them that their attitude is unaccepabtable and if they cannot be civil then they will not be welcome over the doorstap.

sarah707
31-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Check first with your insurance company before doing anything that might invalidate your cover.

Don't worry if they refuse to sign - just put a copy of the letter in your file with a note explaining their refusal, the date and sign it yourself.

Hugs xx

Bridey
31-05-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm rubbish with admin - it would take me a few days to get round to signing anything and handing it back so it may not be a case that they are refusing - it just may be that they are concentrating on sorting their end out first.

Whether they sign it or not is not relevant - you have handed in your notice and you are stopping offering them childcare at the end of the notice period. Do as Sarah has said and pop a copy and a note in your file.

The Juggler
31-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I would do a new letter saying per our conversation where you refused to accept my notice letter due to an error with the date, here is a new notice letter as of today.

Our final day of care will be xx June (you might have to extend it by the day).

They can't refuse to accept it :panic: but agree with Sarah to check with your insurer.

md0u0131
31-05-2012, 01:33 PM
What an awful situation, I don't think they need to sign it though, surely the fact you've given it to them is enough. What are they going to do - demand you take their child???

The Juggler
31-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't think they need to sign to accept notice at all. When I've had a parent who's given notice but forgotten the letter I have written one confirming our conversation or when I gave notice once, I just wrote it out. They don't need to formally sign or accept it.

You have done your contractual bit by writing it down and telling them. :)

funemnx
31-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I haven't got anything signed before - as J says as long as you've told them, it's fine xx

miffy
31-05-2012, 08:32 PM
I've never asked parents to sign to say they've received a notice letter, just put a copy in their file.

Hope the notice period goes quickly for you

Miffy xx