PDA

View Full Version : Possible enquiry for shift work

sarahjane
30-05-2012, 12:54 PM
My friend who is also our CM group vacancy coordinator has just rung saying she's given my number out to someone who's looking for cover for shift work.

Information I have at the moment is shifts 7am - 2pm and 2pm - 9pm. 4 day's on, 4 days off. Not sure if it involves weekends, but I'm not really happy to give up my weekends. 14 month old

I currently have a full time vacancy and I'm wondering how to charge this. Would you charge 7 hours a day 5 days a week with an enhanced rate for before 8am and after 6pm as it will be taking up my full time place? This is what I'd like to do as it would be impossible to fill up odd days here and there. Obviously some weeks the lo would be here 4 day's some 2 and some 3 etc.
I need the work at the moment and don't want to miss out on this but on the other hand I can't really afford to only charge for the hours the child is here.

funemnx
30-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I have a child on a 5 week rolling shift - sometimes only 2 afternoons, sometimes 4 full days in a row. I do only charge them for the hours in the shift as it suits me to have some quieter weeks even though he is a lovely lad. As I've got a variation to go to 4 EYFS I see it as extra income but it is entirely up to you what you want to charge. A posibility would be to work out over a month an average hours per week including extra for late nights and charge them more if they go over. Mind you, I wouldn't fancy working until 9 at night!

miffy
30-05-2012, 07:32 PM
If you can't afford to charge just for the hours the child is with you then you need to explain that to parents and see if you cold come up with something you are both happy with.

Also depends how much work is around in your area ATM - if you think you will be able to fill your space full time quickly then it might be worth waiting for something that suits you better

Miffy xx