PDA

View Full Version : Re my earlier post: URGENT HELP PLEASE! Parent doesnt want to proceed with contract!

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi thanks to everyone who replied to my earlier post about parent deciding not to proceed with after school contract since signing the contract last wk,

I wonder if you could help me with my e-mail to her re: the non refundable deposit?

Her e-mail explains that she no longer needs the contract for after school care and ask's what we do now?

How would you word the e-mail?

Many thanks again, much appreciated x

The Juggler
30-05-2012, 01:17 PM
I would simply say

"Thank you for letting me know. As per our contract there is no notice period to end the contract, however, you will lose your non-refundable deposit which you paid to hold a place for your child."

I would speak to mm or NCMA first though to check they are ok with wording and they mgiht want to check exactly what you've written in your contracts. :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I would simply say

"Thank you for letting me know. As per our contract there is no notice period to end the contract, however, you will lose your non-refundable deposit which you paid to hold a place for your child."

I would speak to mm or NCMA first though to check they are ok with wording and they mgiht want to check exactly what you've written in your contracts. :thumbsup:

Thank you so much, that's great xx

leeloo1
30-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Dear X,

Thank you for keeping me informed about your changing childcare needs. I'm sorry to hear that you won't need me to care for X as I enjoyed meeting him/her and was looking forward to working with you and X.

As I made you aware when you signed contracts last week, the £100 deposit you paid to reserve the place for X date is non-refundable. However, because the contract has not yet started, then you do not need to pay the 4 weeks notice period, which would normally be payable.

If your childcare needs change again in the future then please do get in contact.

Best wishes,
Twinkletime

Any good? I like dropping in about the 4 wks fees as it makes it clear you could be asking for a lot more money, so she may count herself lucky. :)

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Dear X,

Thank you for keeping me informed about your changing childcare needs. I'm sorry to hear that you won't need me to care for X as I enjoyed meeting him/her and was looking forward to working with you and X.

As I made you aware when you signed contracts last week, the £100 deposit you paid to reserve the place for X date is non-refundable. However, because the contract has not yet started, then you do not need to pay the 4 weeks notice period, which would normally be payable.

If your childcare needs change again in the future then please do get in contact.

Best wishes,
Twinkletime

Any good? I like dropping in about the 4 wks fees as it makes it clear you could be asking for a lot more money, so she may count herself lucky. :)

That's very good, thanks for that.

Yes your right, mentioning the 4 weeks fee's is a good idea.

rickysmiths
30-05-2012, 01:27 PM

I actually wouldn't mention the 4 weeks notice because as the contract hasn't started it doesn't apply.

Mouse
30-05-2012, 01:32 PM

I wouldn't mention it. You said when you signed contracts that the deposit would pay for the first 4 weeks childcare, but then you'd be saying that she doesn't need to pay 4 weeks. She might say that as she doesn't have to pay it she should have the money back.
Just leave that bit out!

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't mention it. You said when you signed contracts that the deposit would pay for the first 4 weeks childcare, but then you'd be saying that she doesn't need to pay 4 weeks. She might say that as she doesn't have to pay it she should have the money back.
Just leave that bit out!

Ok Ill leave that bit out then. thanks

Bridey
30-05-2012, 01:38 PM

No thank you!! I certainly wouldn't be putting that in! :laughing:

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 01:43 PM
No thank you!! I certainly wouldn't be putting that in! :laughing:

Agree. I will be leaving that bit out!

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh well I have replied to her e-mail, so just wait for her response!

Thanks again for everyone's help, don't know what I would do without you all xx

leeloo1
30-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Agree. I will be leaving that bit out!

Lol, fair enough - depends how much you need the work and I thought if she'd only just swung her work hours then she might find it didn't work out and need you after all in a few weeks?

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Lol, fair enough - depends how much you need the work and I thought if she'd only just swung her work hours then she might find it didn't work out and need you after all in a few weeks?

I left it in in the end! lol.

Though it seemed a bit more professional, and showed I had no hard feelings. (Even thought I was a bit annoyed)

Thanks for your help leeloo1 xx

miffy
30-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh well I have replied to her e-mail, so just wait for her response!

Thanks again for everyone's help, don't know what I would do without you all xx

Hopefully she won't contact you again

Miffy xx

Tippy Toes
30-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Hopefully she won't contact you again

Miffy xx

Hope so Miffy xx