PDA

View Full Version : 2 jobs?

GaynorB
05-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi - not sure if I am in the right area of this forum but I am in the very early stages of becoming a childminder - I am currently on maternity leave and plan to return to work for 2 days a week and hope to childmind for 2 days - Just wondered how feasible you think this is and whether there are any pitfalls you can foresee?
If it works out for me then I hope to childmind fulltime but dont yet want to burn my bridges.

Loving this forum - you are all so helpful x x

ajs
05-06-2008, 05:24 PM
sorry i can't help with this query but i am sure someone will be along soon to

don't forget to say hello in the say hellos section so we can all welcome you properly xx

sarah707
05-06-2008, 05:36 PM
It might be difficult juggling things ... I suppose it depends on which children come along and how flexible you can be with your work.

Do you have any children lined up already? You could work around them if you did....

Otherwise you'd be advertising very specific spaces which might take a while to fill if you see what I mean.

Good luck with the process - but I would say to aim to stay as flexible as you can.

I am pleased to read you are enjoying the forum :D

Alibali
05-06-2008, 06:38 PM
One of my minder friends works 2 days a week as a nurse and minds for the other three, she finds it easy and always has her spaces filled. She enjoys the break from minding to go out to work!!!

Ali x

FizzysFriends
05-06-2008, 06:42 PM
I work for 10am - 3pm and will mind before and after, slightly different to yours but hope it works out for you.

chez1373
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi, it can be done as thats how i started just two days a week for 5hrs a day it was just what i needed,

Good luck hope it works out for you xx

Annie_T
05-06-2008, 11:07 PM
end day it is up to you what days,hours etc you work hun but i will prob be hard to juggle childminding and your other job but i do see what you mean by not burning bridges.
your have to sit and work it all out, chat with partner etc

angeldelight
06-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Hope it works out for you Mandy good luck

Angel xx