PDA

View Full Version : PLA support for us

Penny1959
30-05-2012, 08:23 AM
I know Sarah has a thread somewhere about people who are supporting us but wanted to bring this to you attention

I spoke to Neil Lietch on the phone last nightand he has now issued a statement

Hi Penny

You can comfortably state that “on the evidence presented to date, the Alliance is opposed to deregulation of childminders”

Regards,

Neil

In addititon the Alliance are actively speaking at meetings in support of us.

He also mentioned that they are all ready to launch their childminder package BUT are having to wait while they finalise the insurance offer.

Penny :)

Monkey1
30-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Childminders package??? So are they going to be doing like Ncma membership? X

WFeather
30-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Morning Penny, yes have taken up the offer and have joined - glad to hear that they are supporting the campaign against childminding de-regulation - was told there was going to be some press release today (Wednesday) - so logged on in case you had heard anything. Keep up the good work!:clapping:

WFeather
30-05-2012, 11:27 AM
It says in Nick Clegg's link that later this morning Deputy Prime Minister and Children's Minister Sarah Teather will hold a summit with some of the country's biggest childcare providers to discuss how best to deliver the extension for two-year-olds. Is this the meeting NCMA were going to attend to discuss the opposition to de-regulation? Please, please listen to reason Mr Clegg and support children to be in a home environment, not in a busy children's centre or nursery for extended hours - they are children and need to play.

Smiley
30-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Excellent news about the Alliance, I have also just joined and received my membership card last week :)

Penny1959
30-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Pleased to hear that some of you are joining the Alliance - and they are very supportive of childminders.

Neil takes the time to phone me every few weeks - and responses to my emails - usually same day - although lately there has been a delay - as with all the things going on he has to attend loads of meetings.

Anyone taking out the temporary childminder membership (no insurance available yet) will be automatically moved to the new package once it is up and running.

Cost for just membership - £35 a year - and includes some free online training.

Penny :)