PDA

View Full Version : Nick Clegg is to make announcement tomorrow

Penny1959
29-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I have spoken to one of my contacts tonight - and it has been confirmed that Nick Clegg will be be making an annoucement tomorrow about 2 year olds and funding.

My contact - who happens to be meeting with NC tomorrow says ' As far as I know it will be about the role out of the two year funding and the extended hours - so can be taken over 2 days if want to (instead of min now of 3 days) Also that can have a max of 10 hours in one day - that can be available between 7am - 7pm, that childminders will be playing a major role'

HOWEVER

My contact also said - after all the information / rumours over the last couple of weeks - not at all sure of context will be given or of fine detail - that nothing would be a surprise

Advice to us - Listen carefully - as may be in the fine detail!

zippy
29-05-2012, 07:09 PM
That sounds very interesting, especially the bit about childminders having a big role, fingers crossed till tomorrow.

AliceK
29-05-2012, 07:29 PM
hmmm, does that mean though that only accredited CM's who can already do the 3yr funding will be "playing a big role" I wonder.

xxxx

Penny1959
29-05-2012, 07:40 PM
hmmm, does that mean though that only accredited CM's who can already do the 3yr funding will be "playing a big role" I wonder.

xxxx

I don't know AliceK - but in my area all cms can become accredited if they want to - and if have a level 3 and a good or outstanding from Ofsted.

Maybe he will mention that LA's need to make it easier to provide the FE

Penny :)

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 07:40 PM
will be waiting with baited breath

I have been delivering the 2yr old funding for nearly 5 years now and had several children go through my hands... this scheme is SO worthwhile

ajs
29-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't know AliceK - but in my area all cms can become accredited if they want to - and if have a level 3 and a good or outstanding from Ofsted.

Maybe he will mention that LA's need to make it easier to provide the FE

same as my LA

md0u0131
29-05-2012, 07:45 PM
interesting - where will we see this announcement?

Penny1959
29-05-2012, 07:50 PM
interesting - where will we see this announcement?

That I don't know - I am hoping that it will 'pop up' on twitter from one of the people I 'follow' :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Just thought...

is Nick really going to be allowed to do something all by himself... without Dave?
Really really????

They obviously think he can handle something like this now.....

Ahh bless him...... a momentous occasion I am sure and one his wife will probably writing down as a family event!

Kiddleywinks
29-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Just thought...

is Nick really going to be allowed to do something all by himself... without Dave?
Really really????

Ahh bless him...... a momentous occasion I am sure and one his wife will probably writing down as a family event!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Probably passed it to Nick when Liz mentioned it might not go down as well as they'd hoped, much better to shoot the messenger and all that :D

miffy
29-05-2012, 08:15 PM

Probably passed it to Nick when Liz mentioned it might not go down as well as they'd hoped, much better to shoot the messenger and all that :D

:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1:

Miffy xx

mummyof3
29-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Just thought...

Really really????

This will be his WOW moment I hope they remember to write it in his lj ;)

Heaven Scent
29-05-2012, 09:45 PM
This 2 yr old funding has always been auld Nicks baby so I suppose its now up to him to make his announcement and too right too.

Donkey
29-05-2012, 10:04 PM

gets my vote for post of the year!!!!!