PDA

View Full Version : School Sun Sense

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 04:47 PM
victory:clapping::clapping:

the school has seen sense.....

A letter has gone out today with a permission slip to ALL children

It explains the risks and what the school would like parents to do
They explain that for years foundation - Reception through to year 2 - they will instruct and show children how to apply cream and they also ask permission for teachers and support staff to help children apply:clapping::clapping:

they are also adopting a buddy system of the older children helping each other - supervised.

VICTORY

so - ladies and gents - IF our school can be challenged and accept that they CAN do this... I pretty darned sure other schools can:clapping::clapping: (oh and its NOT a small school)

mama2three
29-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Great result Pip- hope your mindee is feeling better now too. Shame it needed a badly burned child , and a vociferous childminder , to make them see sense.

EmmaReed84
29-05-2012, 04:58 PM
So basically when the head said you didn't need to tell him how to do his job... actually... you did :laughing:

That is great news BTW :clapping:

3 cheers for Pip :clapping: Hip hip...

loocyloo
29-05-2012, 05:00 PM
:clapping: well done you! :clapping:

next stop OFSTED !?! ;)

uf353432
29-05-2012, 05:06 PM
well done to you on behalf of all those kiddies

:clapping:

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 05:08 PM
that is wonderful news - truely and I am so glad that the school HAVE managed to take a VERY sensible line (perhaps challenge your schools?)

Loocyloo - I did contact Ofsted when it happened and they weren't interested - as they 'only regulate education in schools':rolleyes:

I am sure they pick and choose what they want to regulate

Bridey
29-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Well done Pipsqueak. Very proud of you :clapping::clapping:

BucksCM
29-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Well done PIP!!:clapping::clapping:

LittleLegsCM
29-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Well done Pip!

I had one of my schoolies come home yesterday with a strawberry coloured face! Apparently no one had mentioned putting cream on, not even his mum!!

I mentioned it to her at pick up, the answer I got back: 'he'll live!' :eek:

jumping j
29-05-2012, 05:40 PM
well done pip :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Bananabrain
29-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Well done Pip!

I had one of my schoolies come home yesterday with a strawberry coloured face! Apparently no one had mentioned putting cream on, not even his mum!!

Do you know, I just don't think people realise how dangerous the sun can be these days. The blase attitude just astounds me.
I think the statistics say that 1 in 3 people in Australia die of cancer. That can't be coincidence.
Well done Pip.
If more people challenged school 'policies' they wouldn't be able to get away with half of what they do.
And as for Ofsted saying they only inspect the academic side of schools. That's news to me.
Seriously, make it up as you go along, why don't you?

rickysmiths
29-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Well done you. :clapping::clapping:

It just shows what a bit of constructive crit can do.

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Well done Pip!

Poor child:(

perhaps you need to give out some sun safety leaflets...:thumbsup:

winstonian
29-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Well done Pip!

Twinkles
29-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Great news, well done :thumbsup:

mrs_scottydog
29-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Well done! I'm so glad they listened to you. Hx

The Juggler
29-05-2012, 10:04 PM
what a result Pip. I hope your mindee is ok though.